Airservices Australia facing the chop

fly_tornado

Rank-and-file public servants at Canberra-based Airservices Australia will have to wait until at least November to learn the full scale of job cuts.

Union officials fear the loss of up to 60 positions by June 30 could be followed by hundreds of job cuts with reports staff are being "kept in the dark".

Profitability has plummeted by 90 per cent from $45.5 million in 2013 to $4.5 million in 2015. The group is expected to post its first financial loss of $13.6 million this year

'Kept in the dark': Public servants face long wait with hundreds of job tipped to go

• Caution 1

So fees going to go up I guess.

As we do not fly IFR and do not operate in controlled airspace you are not paying any Airservices fees anyway so a fee rise will not affect RAAus ops.

• Like 1

This is more about the decline in the aviation administration through, I assume through modernisation and the introduction of more electronic services.

Can't see maps getting any cheaper

One thing is for sure - fees will always go up, and we do (some of us ) do operate in CTA. They - the GOV - CASA - RAA - will sooner or later work out how to bleed our back pockets more and more. Interesting point is that in USA it coast FIVE DOLLARS to register and aircraft.

My first question is what is the RAA break up of where it goes - of our RAA fees and pilot cert and aircraft rego.

How many new members joining and actual pilot certs being issued monthly from RAA?????

• Informative 1

As we do not fly IFR and do not operate in controlled airspace you are not paying any Airservices fees anyway so a fee rise will not affect RAAus ops.

Yes there are fees...for example every chart and ERSA is done by Airservices and Avplan and Ozrunways have to pay Airservices for the data

• Agree 2