Bit wet in Sydney

IanR

The wet weather in Sydney made it a bit hard to actually get to Camden Airport this morning !! Its about 25 years since I last saw this level of flooding here.

13391444_1722214468031362_6282235518744667524_o.jpg.bc2538f4ba2ea38468f5c0df9840dd5e.jpg

13392122_1722214464698029_7069581150463262896_o.jpg.888a3e293b4f04ce5955d6153cc7d4d7.jpg

13340124_1722214501364692_1330215312135082092_o.jpg.492629c6402bebf73b577d56af3facc6.jpg

The only way into Camden Airport was by air. Did you get caught in the traffic jam on Burragorang Road? I went through The Oaks, but not past the airport. I wonder how it faired.

OME

The only way into Camden Airport was by air. Did you get caught in the traffic jam on Burragorang Road? I went through The Oaks, but not past the airport. I wonder how it faired.OME

Our son took about two hours to travel the length of Camden Bypass this morning !! We tried to go to Camden but the traffic was at a standstill on Burragorang Road so turned round. Tim S took the photos. I have not been down to The Oaks airport today but I expect its rather damp.

Reports from The Oaks, had water over the Northern end of the strip, as well as the Eastern end of what was the cross strip (down towards the creek).

Will take a few days to dry, the wind helps.

Our son took about two hours to travel the length of Camden Bypass this morning !! We tried to go to Camden but the traffic was at a standstill on Burragorang Road so turned round.

I had to go from Tahmoor to Campbelltown. There was a bit of a jam in Picton, and I forgot to turn onto Picton Road to the Hume Hwy. I went of Rezorback and when I got to the Camden Valley Inn, the traffic was banked up. I turned around and went through Cawdor to Burragorang Road and saw the traffic jam. Went up to The Oaks and across to Picton again, then took the Picton Road.

I've never seen hold ups like it.

OME

I was planning to take someone flying aeros at Cessnock yesterday (Sunday). I suppose it comes as no surprise to anyone that we cancelled and stayed home?

We also landed at Sydney airport on saturday morning at the end of a work trip before the worst of it hit, but still needed the wipers on "high" for landing! They shift some serious water off the windscreen when they're going that fast!

• Like 1

Guest ozzie

I remember Camden being pretty much isolated back around 92 when i worked there and lived on Razorback. There was one laneway into the place. Just. Have some photos somewhere. I suppose now with all the new housing around the area it would put more load on the areas drainage. Can't remember Picton going under like that in recent times.

Remember '92 well - lived in Cambelltown then and getting out the airport at Camden was impossible ... but nothing on the waters in the mid 80's when the caravan park on the Elderslie side of the river had not just the lower level camping area under water but had vans down at the western end floating around.

Never understood why they have been allowed to build all through the flood plains around Camden and back through towards Campbelltown

Was down to Camden this morning.. the water in Picton was at least a metre high over the road past the sportsground; I nipped around the back of Coles etc. so couldn't see the evidence down at the junction of Picton Road and the main street, but 2 metres sounds about right to me for there. There's a brand-new batch of apartment-style buildings just past the sportsground where the poor buggers who recently moved in must surely be absolutely not enjoying their first year of tenancy..

Heading into Camden, the water had been over the top of the fences down near the roundabout by the Equestrian centre.