My Licence Flight with the CFI

Going for my licence flight with the CFI Mahl Oakes Friday, not to nervous yet but I feel confident I will do ok...so hopefully by the weekend if we have some good weather I will be able to go for a flight around the area and test out my new freedom... then straight into my nav training...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

David

• Like 2

Going for my licence flight with the CFI Mahl Oakes Friday, not to nervous yet but I feel confident I will do ok...so hopefully by the weekend if we have some good weather I will be able to go for a flight around the area and test out my new freedom... then straight into my nav training...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gifDavid

Good luck for the test,

Once you do your navigation you will really feel the freedom

• Like 1

Enjoy the test, and just remember, it doesn't have to be mistake free flying, it just has to be safe flying with sound basic technique. Don't beat yourself up over any mistakes you make on the day, put them behind you and keep flying. People fail when they let errors snowball.

• Agree 2

Going for my licence flight with the CFI Mahl Oakes Friday, not to nervous yet but I feel confident I will do ok...so hopefully by the weekend if we have some good weather I will be able to go for a flight around the area and test out my new freedom... then straight into my nav training...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gifDavid

Have a good flight David. Look forward to hearing how it went. I flying friday morning myself to pick up my son and fly back to Mackay, i'll be his first time in the Nynja so it'll be good all round.

Cheers

Mike

Good luck David! The forecast is really good for Friday at this stage, a high pressure system is forecasted to be sitting right over us. Can you tell I've been reading up on my cross country training material? I'll be starting that soon too. It was a grueling hour and a half for me, but it was great. I actually didn't know I was on my test, The first I knew, John my CFI, started completing the paperwork, "Flight test for the issue of Recreational Pilot Certificate", after the flight. I'm glad he did it that way, I would've been nervous as a schoolboy at the headmasters office for the first time.

BTW, relax, if Mahl didn't think you're ready, you wouldn't be booked in to do it on Friday.

Once again, good luck, hope all goes well!003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Cheers Tony

Good luck David! The forecast is really good for Friday at this stage, a high pressure system is forecasted to be sitting right over us. Can you tell I've been reading up on my cross country training material? I'll be starting that soon too. It was a grueling hour and a half for me, but it was great. I actually didn't know I was on my test, The first I knew, John my CFI, started completing the paperwork, "Flight test for the issue of Recreational Pilot Certificate", after the flight. I'm glad he did it that way, I would've been nervous as a schoolboy at the headmasters office for the first time.BTW, relax, if Mahl didn't think you're ready, you wouldn't be booked in to do it on Friday.

Once again, good luck, hope all goes well!003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Cheers Tony

Thanks Tony and everyone else that has wished me good luck, yes I am sure it will be all good and by Friday afternoon I will have a shiny new licence...well I hope so..

David

• Like 1

080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif Good Luck David,

I hope your Flight Test goes well,

Brent 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

• Like 1

Not going to wish you good luck David, going to wish you good flying instead, you don't need luck you need to fly as you have been taught and the shiny new licence to learn with be in your hands

• Like 2

Most CFIs would not do a flight test unless they thought you were up to it, so don't be nervous, relax and have fun.

• Agree 1

All the best for Friday David, damn I have given up smoking so can you hand out my cigar to someone else afterwards, cheers Mate

PS: Will accept the Capt Morgan Spiced though lol

• Agree 1

Could not have picked a better time frame, Friday is looking like its going to be a cracker. I am taking a couple of frenchie backpackers up that I met up in the snowies a couple of weeks back on the same day, I will be listening out for you!! All the best.

• Agree 1

Could not have picked a better time frame, Friday is looking like its going to be a cracker. I am taking a couple of frenchie backpackers up that I met up in the snowies a couple of weeks back on the same day, I will be listening out for you!! All the best.

Hi Pearo,

Yes I will go up for at 1pm for 1 hr for a bit of practice with my instructor and then come back around 2pm to do my test, if you around then you should hear me, thanks for your wishes !!!

David

Well my test is off for today, Mahl the CFI just called me, he is as sick as a dog with the flue, he sounded like it too, he said I can still do it if you want but I said that I don't need his flue, I can wait until next week rather than be in bed for days crook and then time off work.

David

• Winner 1

Bit of an anti climax. Them's the breaks. There's been a lot of flu around, lately and it can get bad fast. Good luck next time. Like a few have said. They don't put you up unless they think you are ready for it. If you write things down and do diagrams, you remember it better than just reading it. I must have done 100's of checks and I never relax because I can't. It's not in my nature to and it never got better as time went on. If you relax too much you might miss things, as in driving. Be alert but not stressed, and don't rush things. You as PIC, set the pace and decide what happens. Use all resources available to you. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Well my test is off for today, Mahl the CFI just called me, he is as sick as a dog with the flue, he sounded like it too, he said I can still do it if you want but I said that I don't need his flue, I can wait until next week rather than be in bed for days crook and then time off work.David

I was up this morning. Very Calm on the ground but its piping in from the west 1000ft upward, I reckon a good 25knots. Forecast Moderate Turbulence below 5000ft, I landed about 9:30 and it was starting to get ugly. Although I am up on the hill here at Shorncliffe and its looks pretty good, so who knows, still lots of strange looking cloud about. Possibly be a blessing in disguise?

• Agree 1

Moderate turbulence isn't fun, being bumped around continuously while on a flight test, yep, I agree with you Pearo, a blessing in diguise. This mornings ARFOR was forcasting the turbulence to be over by 0400Z (2pm local)

• Agree 1

Yes there is always tomorrow hey boys...I will look for a good day next week to get the job done...I may try for tomorrow afternoon to practice a few circuits...

thanks again fellas for your support...

David

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have rebooked and I think I have some fair weather tomorrow but I am finally going on my certificate fight test with the CFI tomorrow...just need to get it done.. 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

David

Well I have rebooked and I think I have some fair weather tomorrow but I am finally going on my certificate fight test with the CFI tomorrow...just need to get it done.. 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gifDavid

Hope it's not blowing like it is today, on your test..... Severe turbulence to 9000ft the ARFOR says. That's the stuff that knocks you out of the sky. Looking at the weather maps, Wednesday morning looks like it might be windy again, but the afternoon looks good, What time is your test? BTW, I started my Navs today, a 4 hour classroom session, my head still hurts! Going on my first navex on next Monday.

Good luck David!

Cheers,

Tony.

Hope it's not blowing like it is today, on your test..... Severe turbulence to 9000ft the ARFOR says. That's the stuff that knocks you out of the sky. Looking at the weather maps, Wednesday morning looks like it might be windy again, but the afternoon looks good, What time is your test?BTW, I started my Navs today, a 4 hour classroom session, my head still hurts! Going on my first navex on next Monday.

Good luck David!

Cheers,

Tony.

HI Tony,

Yes looks like it will be ok, my test is at 2pm tomorrow, I think it will be good.

David

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...