New round 80mm PFD instrument available.

I'm pretty interested in this new mems-based Primary Flight Display, from Kanardia,

designed to fit 80mm round holes. All else being equal, I reckon it'd look nicer in steam-gauge panels

than the usual rectangular alternatives. And the costs is under a thousand euros.

It's called Horis 80.

Kanardia

It's only just gone on sale (there's also a 57mm version seen here (German vid.):

Any thoughts?

13418488_1020628698036115_6582230153135359117_o.jpg.a1f7737876f7732a3d3e68755613a0e5.jpg

Here's my own Photoshop mock-up of how it might look in situ:

916655865_Gusiaw.Horis80ASIleftv2.jpg.436bf515a3c41958463245128ab1d892.jpg

Hi Rank,

Yes, as far as I know it is removable and can go underneath like so:

(In either case it's just my rough photoshopping we're looking at.)

1529322164_Gusiaw.Horis80ASIleft.jpg.452747af0fd359790215ae8a3e688904.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Rank,Yes, as far as I know it is removable and can go underneath like so:

(In either case it's just my rough photoshopping we're looking at.)

[ATTACH=full]43809[/ATTACH]

looks much better

• Agree 1

lot of information on it. More than the tru trak gemini (which is similar ) , but then it's dearer.......

$1500 + GST. I could lose my Rate of Climb indicator, plonk this in it's place and have back up for almost everything!...

Yeah, it has its own GPS built in which supplies the Track readout at the top.

There's also a magnetic compass add-on which, the company says, at a future date,

will allow Heading/Winds Aloft info to be displayed.

I have the Trutrak ADI in my RV6, I find it extremely good. I could have used a Trutrak Gemini but the added features would have just been duplication of existing steam gauges which were already there plus they reduce the size of the attitude display. Personally prefer the steam style gauges. Plus GPS and iPad of course.

• Like 1

It would look a lot tidier mounted below the panel instead of on top. Is the knob removable?

I should have scrolled down. I read this and got busy for a few minutes with MS Paint.

I don't have Photoshop...

Another post down and I wouldn't have bothered.

1380357538_Gusiaw.Horis80ASIleftv2.jpg.05712ace48d7531e0e520c6d7fa3b7e9.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
lot of information on it. More than the tru trak gemini (which is similar ) , but then it's dearer.......$1500 + GST. I could lose my Rate of Climb indicator, plonk this in it's place and have back up for almost everything!...

I agree. It looks like an attractive proposition, price wise too.

• 7 months later...

This is just a repeat of the answer I posted in the Avmap Ultra EFIS thread just now:

Since there's no local agent (as far as I know) you need to buy direct. But for me the process was easy. It came by post. I think I had to pay some tax at the Post Office to take delivery.

Anyway, they're a good company to deal with. The guy I'm in contact with is Ales Krajinc.

[email protected]

I believe if you buy Horis now (either 57mm or 80mm) it incorporates the DG compass rose. And if you want the electronic compass module (the Magu), it's an extra. As I said, the only use I can see of it is to get Winds/Aloft. But I guess that it's worth it for that. Best check with Ales to make sure these new features are implemented and ready to go. I think they are - or very soon will be.

Installation (which I had done by an L2) was very straightforward. They supply the T-pieces you need to tap into your existing pitot/static system. It also comes with a remote mountable gps aerial and an OAT probe. It needs a notch cut out of the round for the knob at the bottom left - similar to what's needed for an altimeter.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1