Highbrow Humour

pmccarthy

I posted this once before and it didn't get a single funny. So I'm giving it a second chance....

A young bloke had arranged to pick up his girlfriend on the weekend in his old Ford van, but it broke down and he couldn't make it. He and his girlfriend were both Latin scholars so he sent her a telegram which read "Thus passes the glory of the world". She immediately translated it as "sic transit gloria mundi"

• Haha 1

A programmer’s wife tells him: “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.” The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

PM, you got the joke arse-about - and it's the old-time version.

I guess that was because it was in Latin? - as all Romance languages read back to front? 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

This is the correct modern version ...

A young lass named Gloria had arranged to pick up her boyfriend on the weekend in her old Ford van - but she warned him it was unreliable and it might not make it.

If she didn't arrive, it would be because of the van - and if that happened, she'd see him early next week.

The van broke down, of course, and she couldn't make it.

They were both Latin scholars, so she sent him a text which read .. "Ths psses glry of wrld".

He immediately translated it as "Sick Transit - Gloria; Monday". 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Shouldn't it read:

A young bloke had arranged to pick up his girlfriend on the weekend in his old Ford van, but it broke down and he couldn't make it. He and his girlfriend were both Latin scholars so he sent her a telegram which read "Thus passes the glory of the world". She immediately responded "Why are you telling me when you take a dump?"

• Haha 2