Too close to call

"Terrorist?" Perhaps a little too subtle for me on a Friday afternoon; the media are doing their usual impersonation of a maiden aunt with the vapours, "Tragedy Averted" and similar, without resorting to the other description. Anyway didn't you know we don't have terrorists in Aus, they are lone wolves, radicalised yoof, anything but the T word.

Quite agree that this shouldn't have happened, in fact I'm going to be interested to see what the ATSB come up with, whether it is a simple case of Air Asia not maintaining their assigned altitude or whether there is another hole in the proverbial cheese.

This incident has obviously not yet been fully covered. I have yet to read about the Capt and FO, "wrestling with the controls", yet to read about the "passengers screaming in fear", as the aircraft "plunged off its designated flight path" to "avoid the looming major disaster". 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Haha 3

Is it an English as second language problem? Both crews claim to have had clearance.

Shouldn't be, English is quite prevalent in Malaysia and they don't have much of an accent for us. Far easier than chatting with an Irish or Scotsman!

Holy **** Scotland. Get on the bus

That's one tee

Sorry what's that?

ONE TEE

One twenty?

No one irtee

One thirty?

NO ONE ENTY

Yeah mate here's 2 pounds keep the change.

Not to mention the rambling old lady while waiting for the bus who thankfully was desperate enough for company she overlooked the fact I only grasped every 5th word and tried to piece the story together. The old "yes", akward pause, "oh that wasn't a yes or no thing... what the heck did she say... oh that's interesting *nods head*".

Bloomin' nightmare some of them, yet others have barely an accent at all. Quite odd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My dear old Auntie, despite living in Australia for something like 40 years, never lost her Scottish accent, as did my own mother - even after 60 years here.

Auntie ran a shop in Townsville for 30+ years - and yet, she goes into another shop there, and asks for a "2 pund of tatties, and pirn of threed"!

(2 pounds of potatoes, and a reel of cotton thread, to the uninitiated!)

I'd like to know how many of you can read and understand, "Da Tree Peery Grice"!

SCOTS - Da Tree Peerie Grice

My dear old Auntie, despite living in Australia for something like 40 years, never lost her Scottish accent, as did my own mother - even after 60 years here.

Oh they are too stingy to give up their accent! Story goes there are so many Scots in the Brisbane area because it was the last stop.

• Like 2