520 kg vs 560 kg

g2omer

Hi, I have a question , where is the difference between a savannah vg mtow 520kg and savannah vg 560 kg?Thanks

Francois

Hi,

The differences are-

1)Double plate front strut to wing attachment. (Easy to see if you are checking)

2)Thicker front wing attach plate.

3)extra doubler angles inside the Lower rear fuselage.

4) extra frames inside the rear fuselage, in between the original frames, so rear fuse frames are only about 300 mm apart.

Hope that helps.

Rick

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

The road so far !...................... sorry Winchester's I could not resist that LOL

I could not get the new strut connectors to fit in the old existing struts the new ones are 27mm OD and the old ones 25.8mm

I could buy new struts and more strut ends or modify the existing ones. Modifying would save all the extra work of cutting and drilling struts and the expense

What do you think ?

old.jpg.c80e8ba55fdded5a63bacb8788a147c3.jpg

new.jpg.5821cca88e06ba1f6596c54dc9ba720e.jpg

20161019_065856.jpg.7a8e3c1fcffde45cc6690852a5f6a40a.jpg

20161019_065909.jpg.563e4d222202bf43e3e6f38dd7623d76.jpg

20161019_065933.jpg.b3c17bdc5cf7544e56ec861c303092b6.jpg

20161019_065937.jpg.cf442638d2c3418205b3be0339d8be3e.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I must also point out that the new wing attachment plate is 5mm and the old one is 3mm. The toungue a groove arrangement on the frame

for attaching the wing is fine for a 3mm plate. |The 5mm is to thick and does not fit. I had to use a powerfile and sand down the 5mm plate down to 4mm and wedge open the mounting plates to accept the 4mm plate.

The RAA will not change the max TO weight from the original registration even though you produce a the documentation and photographs and WB of the modifications, at least they wouldnt for me.

Thanks very interesting. I have not notified our CAA about the upgrades yet to get the TO weight changes. I was more concerned at change of ownership in getting the plane registered as owner/trainer in our local school. That way I could do my conversion training in it. When I renew the annual ATF I will attempt to make the changes

• 3 months later...
The RAA will not change the max TO weight from the original registration even though you produce a the documentation and photographs and WB of the modifications, at least they wouldnt for me.

That is a real rip-off. I wonder why the RA-Aus will not change it after strengthening, to recognise reflect the new MTOW?

As the designer of ANY 19 reg aircraft happens to be the owner and you as owner have modified the aircraft you have every right to declare any mtow you like provided it is within the limits of the CAO it’s registered under.

Basically tell tech office the mtow has changed following modification and please confirm which of their forms you need to complete to reflect the update.

If they refuse then start calling the CEO and board members about tech office rxceeding their legal reach in relation to an aircraft registration

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

As the designer of ANY 19 reg aircraft happens to be the owner and you as owner have modified the aircraft you have every right to declare any mtow you like provided it is within the limits of the CAO it’s registered under. Basically tell tech office the mtow has changed following modification and please confirm which of their forms you need to complete to reflect the update.

If they refuse then start calling the CEO and board members about tech office rxceeding their legal reach in relation to an aircraft registration

Having been to a PNP.....and listened to the technical manager speak, it's pretty clear he has a rather autocratic demeanor.

A my way or the highway attitude.....