Colour schemes for Savannah S

rmorton

I am looking for ideas for the colour scheme for a Savannah S. I hope to paint the plane myself so it needs to be fairly simple. So far I have come up with the scheme in the attached image. I really like this one too ACCUEIL - GEMILIS-AERO. All ideas welcome

savannah colour.pdf

savannah colour.pdf

savannah colour.pdf

I am looking for ideas for the colour scheme for a Savannah S. I hope to paint the plane myself so it needs to be fairly simple. So far I have come up with the scheme in the attached image. I really like this one too ACCUEIL - GEMILIS-AERO. All ideas welcome

Yes, I am still puzzling over the same thing (though I am a long way off painting): it seems to me that the design and colour of the paint job has a very big effect on the overall appearance, so it would be good to get it more or less 'right'.

What I have noticed is that the Savannah is a deep bellied aircraft, and many of the good paint jobs work to reduce that effect: they do not have the same colour right down the side of the fuselage, but break it somehow, often with a different colour lower down. You can see this on the red and aluminium paint job you have posted.

I think the lower half of the fuselage in a different colour does help slim the profile , but with my limited skills it may be too much to ask. I was rather hoping to use a transfer to make a curved line along the fuselage at the height of the door cross member.

I know this stage is a Loooong way off for me but by knowing in which direction I go I can prepare the panels accordingly, such as polishing the external faces if I go for a polished Ali finish. too much to think about

• 2 months later...

Hi richard,

Nice project ! Just when you will choose colours, keep in your mind that some colours needs more paint weight to cover. And as you know in France the TO Weight do not exceed 472,5 kg with parachute... And also empty weight close to 304 Kg...

Not easy to achieve...

I am constantly worrying about the weight issue. I was advised by ICP that Yellow is a NO, as it needs too many layers to get good coverage. My other concern is that there are very few places to save weight, although a carbon fibre cowl and wing tips are one opportunity there doesn't seem to much other option.

I am constantly worrying about the weight issue. I was advised by ICP that Yellow is a NO, as it needs too many layers to get good coverage. My other concern is that there are very few places to save weight, although a carbon fibre cowl and wing tips are one opportunity there doesn't seem to much other option.

A while ago, Fallowdeer started a thread here asking 'How much does your Savannah Weigh'.

That could be a good place to have a useful discussion about weight saving?

It does seem that build weights may be creeping up...maybe we are just adding more stuff anyway?

• 1 month later...
...It does seem that build weights may be creeping up...maybe we are just adding more stuff anyway?

I suspect we are. People add a stiffener here and add strengthening in selected places. Then there are multiple layers of paint, large wheels, sliding seats and, when everything is added up, the project may be 315 kg.

hi , this is my second savannah , it is 646 lbs empty , one way I saved weight on this one is all pieces were epoxy primed before assembly using ppg dp colored primers the I just clear coated the primer on the exterior, simple light weight, I also made fiberglass wingroot fairings and fiberglass windshield retainer, also shortened cowl because of shorter warp drive prop extension

689954181_IMG_0150(4).JPG.058a1d0b32370084aa46b0223ba4e05b.JPG

• Like 2

D

gleam.gif.61a3085bab2441797a6de7bfc35070cb.gif

My colour schemei-jGTZxkS-X3.jpg

Some other ideas i was playing with

i-jHqpZK8-X3.jpg

i-7FRRmrs-X3.jpg

i-wTdqTMJ-X3.jpg

finished Product

i-XMvs7d4-X3.jpg

091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif I can't see the pictures either. It comes up as a framed rectangle with a black interior with a white X in the middle. It shows this way for all five pictures that you have uploaded.

Do you have any ideas how we can see them question.gif.c2f6860684cbd9834a97934921df4bcb.gif

I imagine my savannah in 2 or 3 greys... maybe a light grey and a warm anthracite or dove grey....

A comic whould be nice too. Thinking of one plane chasing the other swinnging a flogger..... Whould call it "my shades of grey" ....

I went through the sketches and chose the one you went for! They are really original and make it stand out from the crowd. I still can't decide but I want something simple to do

I dont understand. Which one?

And what is simple? There is so much preparing to do befor the first use of the paintgun. That I guess is hardest. I am absolut beginner in paint. When all is nicly primed, most work is done. At least in my thaughts.... Dont know if this is realistic...

The last picture of the finished plane. for me simple would be each part has a single colour so you have the minimum of masking to do. This is just one idea, but then I am no artist....446989279_savannahcolour.jpg.69895d5fbe543c9c843e0ee919a282ae.jpg

• Like 1