Airfield signage

zodiacpilot

Appears we will all have to have the interweb in our aircraft as the CASA is proposing the abolition of airport markers.

So, possibly no more crosses & dumbells etc. We would be required to check notams before we take-off AND before we land. Dont know how I'll do that, not owning a ipad/iphone & flying a single seat/no canopy aircraft with only room for me, let alone in which I nearly need to tether my maps. Sounds like a good case for passive resistance.

Cheers.

You can have all the electronic toys that you could pack into a jumbo-jet.

BUT

No service means They're just "anchor" weights.

The trick is to get CASA to provide the missing link,

I doubt if anyone on this forum could get internet service to ALL of Australia.

Free for us formumite (spelling)members,( Not to parliamentarians).

spacesailor

Appears we will all have to have the interweb in our aircraft as the CASA is proposing the abolition of airport markers.So, possibly no more crosses & dumbells etc. We would be required to check notams before we take-off AND before we land. Dont know how I'll do that, not owning a ipad/iphone & flying a single seat/no canopy aircraft with only room for me, let alone in which I nearly need to tether my maps. Sounds like a good case for passive resistance.

Cheers.

Do you have a reference for this please?

Kaz

Really - Another stellar, brilliant and 5 star idea from CASA if correct. Anyone know the breakup of the CASA guys that actual fly in CASA these day. Who is the guy that RAA talk to in CASA maybe we should get his? email and write a few letters direct.

Is this all based under liability again?

When will we get something helpful form these guys for Australian sport aviation that flying is fun, and not looking up case law. Or maybe RAA could provide all operational information via phone by employing someone for all the fees we pay. Don't see what else they are doing except taking money and giving me a PILOT CERT not a Pilot License- why by the way?

Many pilots, sport RAA pilots and some GA still have many problems with finding and understanding NOTAMS - I still get some calls to translate every now and then.

Example like in the old days, you called up or at certain airports where you walked in and talked to real people from the department, called pilot briefings and were in English too, and broke it down for early time guys when they had the stunned mullet look, it did everything under one roof and were actually friendly and helpful!!!

What did Trump say drain the swamp, find people that actually have run a business - sounds like we need some guys inside CASA for sport aviation that actually fly all types of RAA sport aviation and "understand city and country flying" and the real challenges of each, for non professional private sport PILOTS.

Just a thought.

• Agree 1

They probably don't fly at all. Too dangerous and who in their right mind would subject themselves to "strict liability" conditions? If you had bigger planes you could say you're flying a mumbo jumbo, where no one knows which way is UP. Nev