Christmass and Season Greetings from the ELAAA team

Keith Page

Merry Christmas ELAAA and hope things get going for you quickly in the new year

"Thank you Ian".

I do liken the progress to building high rise buildings. One must keep digging till the foundations have 100% structural integrity - then the part which all can see is happening, that is up into the air.

It is getting very close as we speak. Except for those hidden hurdles. (Challengers).

You know those challengers which arrive unannounced, them which no one can predict. We will see what we have to jump over to open the doors for business.

Regards,

KP

• Like 1

Been looking about and seeing some of these airport closures just because some small bureaucrat can flex his muscles -- what spite is that.

I see Proserpine is on the list for us small aircraft that is including Dysart, Blackwater and Moranbah. What a disgrace -- these fully serviceable strips sitting idle for the light aircraft.

What a great Christmas present to have these airports serviceable to light aircraft just by removing this bureaucratic ego.

KP.

Been looking about and seeing some of these airport closures just because some small bureaucrat can flex his muscles -- what spite is that.I see Proserpine is on the list for us small aircraft that is including Dysart, Blackwater and Moranbah. What a disgrace -- these fully serviceable strips sitting idle for the light aircraft.

What a great Christmas present to have these airports serviceable to light aircraft just by removing this bureaucratic ego.

KP.

Do you mean that they are unavailable to light and ultralight aircraft?

Yes Col unavailable to light aircraft. Proserpine is council bureaucrats. The others BMA bureaucrats.We here all the time we must have progress and expansion.

KP.

Apart from the landing fees and the need for paperwork to identify ultralights and non-VH aircraft (so that can collect landing fees etc) and the minimum non-operate period (at least an hour) while RPT is at the airport and the doctinaire form that Ben and Andy cooked up what are the issues with operating UL out of Prosepine¿

I have read the Proserpine (Whitsunday Coast Airport) screed here https://www.whitsunday.qld.gov.au/DocumentCenter/View/2846 Read it.

What they ask is not onerous. Non VH aircraft (RAA, hang gliders, etc and foreign aircraft), Prior Permission is required & are not to operate for half an hour before or after jet RPT aircraft. Landing fees apply. The rest is simply - comply with CASA regulations. Prior Permission might be to make sure you are aware of when RPTs are due.

When I see something like this I think "Who messed up that caused them to put this in writing?"

Has anyone actually asked Prior Permission and been refused?

• Informative 1