Recreational Aviation Information!

farri

Have another check, pretty sure RA-AUS are exempt from Part 61?Is the 90day requirement listed in the CAOs or has RA-AuS forgot to include it in the new manual?

RAAus Ops Manual 2.07-4

RECENCY

6. In addition to the flight review requirements, a Pilot Certificate holder must not carry a passenger on any flight unless the holder has conducted 3 take- offs and 3 landings in the last 90 days in an aeroplane of the same Group, aeroplane type and having the same design features.

• Informative 1

Thanks, that answered my questions in another thread about the types of RA requirements and aircraft. Does it mean that a CTA is definitely out of bounds under all circumstances except emergencies?

RA-Aus is currently in negotiations with CASA to get CTA available for it's membership. Personally I think they will fail. BUT watch this space.

• Agree 1

RA-Aus is currently in negotiations with CASA to get CTA available for it's membership. Personally I think they will fail. BUT watch this space.

Personally, I hope they win. BUT watch this space.

Does it mean that a CTA is definitely out of bounds under all circumstances except emergencies?

Give the RAA Ops Section a call BUT if you have an RAA Cert, you are in an RAA plane, you have an RPL or PPL and the plane is certificated or certified to fly in CTA then you are good to go (if ATC let you in). I am still looking for words about needing a CASA Medical as well (but can't see any)

Give the RAA Ops Section a call BUT if you have an RAA Cert, you are in an RAA plane, you have an RPL or PPL and the plane is certificated or certified to fly in CTA then you are good to go (if ATC let you in). I am still looking for words about needing a CASA Medical as well (but can't see any)

Col

You need a "current" part 61 licence, which includes medical and CASA AFR.

Short answer you can "hold" a part 61 licence but to exercise the privileges of it you must

A) comply with the relevant medical requirements

B) comply with the AFR requirements

The only reason I still complete a CASA medical and GA AFR is for CTA access.

ColYou need a "current" part 61 licence, which includes medical and CASA AFR.

Thanks. Got it, CAO 95.55 7.3. This talks about a valid review but not a medical. is this in part 61 itself? About exercising priveleges.

Short answer you can "hold" a part 61 licence but to exercise the privileges of it you mustA) comply with the relevant medical requirements

B) comply with the AFR requirements

The only reason I still complete a CASA medical and GA AFR is for CTA access.

Thanks Frank, 95.55 has CTA Access info but leaves out the need for a medical.

if ATC let you in

Remember ATC are not the "air police" - you can file IFR if you like and they will accept it as you being compliant - if you are not, then CASA is the authority you may have to deal with - same with registration details/aircraft TSOed equipment etc. (obviously if you are given a clearance that you are not able to comply with you may well draw attention to yourself)