A Day (&Maybe a Night) at the Beach

Sorry to labour on it Happy but I feel the guy does need to be vilified. Everyone makes mistakes but we (i do anyway) try our best to minimise mistakes to the best of our ability.

This bloke just didnt make a mistake, he made a deliberate decision, even did a fly past, to do the wrong thing and he has been caught out for it.

How would it have been if the thing had dug in a bit more and the news showed it upside down or worse on the beach.

Its not the feeling among us aviation tragics that small aeroplanes are unsafe but it clearly is the feeling in the wider community, the CLEVER pilots like Mr Beachie have tarred the industry with that perception and I dont like it, it should be called for what it is.

• Agree 1
  • Caution 2

Well said Phil, agree with what your saying, we as pilots of HGFA, GFA, GA or RAA have to try obey the guidelines laid out or we look like rebels, if we are going to be naughty then check who is looking and minimise the risk and cop the punishment if you get caught, yes I know a lot of us have been naughty at times and I'm no different, but I don't take risks ! The old saying " you can break the rules but you can't break the laws of gravity "

• Like 1

Ward....For your memory The BFR is not an exam , you don't pass or fail at least I didn't , AND So Sorry to read the snyde remark you made about my abilities. Especially as you know me sooo well. ............ I didn't read that it was a fun landing .............. I only read "emergency."...Quote "Initial reports suggested the plane had made an emergency landing", ".

You can only land at an approved airfield or if its in someones paddock(or beach) you have to obtain the permission of that land owner to do it. Dont know where you are refering to in Qld but the afore mentioned applies otherwise landing there is breaking the rules, simple as that.

• Like 1