Autopilot

Xavier

Hi all,

was just wondering if a 2 axis pilot (TruTrak for example) can be install in a Savannah ?

If so what brand and what servo should be used ?

Cheers,

Xavier

I looked at the Gemini Eco but it doesn't look like they are selling them anymore.

A mate of mine is installing a Gemini AP on his Texan and it was very affordable, just don't know if the servos are compatible with the Sav setup

• Winner 1

Hi all,was just wondering if a 2 axis pilot (TruTrak for example) can be install in a Savannah ?

If so what brand and what servo should be used ?

Cheers,

Xavier

I installed a 2 axis a/p using MGL xtreme plus mgl servos. Fair bit of work to make brackets and install. I wasn't super happy with the residual drag of the servos, that is the amount of drag on the controls when the a/p is disconnected, but it appears you do get used to it.

You can use other servos with the MGL system and I have heard of servos with nil residual drag.

I did look into the Eco system from tru track, looks good and easier to install and nil drag on the controls but try and get info out of them is like pulling teeth, I gave up.

Cheers

Rick

Thanks Rick for the info,

I received a response from TruTrak about the ECO :

"Unfortunately, the ECO is not yet available. While we work on obtaining STC approvals for our Vizion autopilot the development of the ECO has been put on hold. I do not have a time frame for when we’ll be able to resume work on it right now. "

I reckon I will wait to see what's happening with ECO in the next 12 months, I am not really keen on installing the full big setup.

Cheers,

Xavier

I think the Eco would be just the ticket....its also I believe a lot safer than the std autopilots setups as you can override a faulty servo and lets face it really you just want it to take away most of the work to let your hands free for a while to do other stuff. Also I really like the overshoot programming they have in it...would be great for low time pilots to stop stalling in turns on final

• 3 weeks later...
I think the Eco would be just the ticket....its also I believe a lot safer than the std autopilots setups as you can override a faulty servo and lets face it really you just want it to take away most of the work to let your hands free for a while to do other stuff. Also I really like the overshoot programming they have in it...would be great for low time pilots to stop stalling in turns on final

I see trutack have removed the Eco from their product list, disappointing.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Steve...too many prototypes around the workshop now...maybe when i get a few of them squared away

Belite are using a linear servo for pitch control...... RADIANT Pitch Trim System - Belite Aircraft

I wonder if something like that could be developed to maintain altitude automatically.

I have a cable/spring control on my elevator trim tab. I've thought about one of these linear servo's spliced into the cable.

That way it would still give me manual override to some degree. ......