READ ME - Whats Up Australia (.com.au) is now open

Admin

Hi All, it gives me great pleasure to advise that the new "Off Topic" web site Whats Up Australia (.com.au) is now open for you to use for ALL your Off Topic threads and posts.

PLEASE NOTE...

1. Any registered user as of today that has posted in the Recreational Flying Off Topic Forum is automatically registered with your same username and password that you use here on Recreational Flying on "Whats Up Australia (.com.au)"

2. All the threads, posts and attachments that were here in the Off Topic Forum have been migrated over to the new site HOWEVER, they have not been distributed across the many new forums in "Whats Up Australia (.com.au)" This will be getting done over the next few days.

3. The new site is currently "bare bones" and does not have all the features (except for the Likes system) and sections like here on Recreational Flying (Classifieds, Media Gallery, Resources etc). However these will be added over the coming days so look out for announcements in the Site Announcements Forum over there

4. The one thing that I could not migrate were the existing Post Likes for the posts that were migrated. The Likes System is a very complicated system and it would have taken at least a whole day to migrate them to match the new posts numbers of the migrated posts...sorry about that but hey, it gives you a chance to re-like them

5. You will also notice the posts that you have already read will now show up in the new "Whats Up Australia (.com.au)" site as being new and unread. Again this would have been extremely time consuming to match each user to each post read mark

Anyway, I hope you like the new "Whats Up Australia (.com.au)" site where you can discuss ANYTHING you want and soon enter a classified for ANYTHING, and post pictures and videos on ANYTHING whilst at the same time keep Recreational Flying (.com) for you on EVERYTHING about flying.

You will notice that clicking the "Off Topic" forum in the forum list on this site will take you to the new "Whats Up Australia (.com.au)" site for convenience...and remember, if you hadn't posted in the Off Topic Forum here before, you will need to register on the new site...ENJOY!

• Like 1

A quick way to find any new Off Topic posts in Whats Up Australia is to simply click the "Off Topic" tab on the Whats New page here on Recreational Flying:

1.jpg.9d09b199eca79fe78085b7c75d90e94e.jpg

Simply click the Off Topic tab and the Whats New page on Whats Up Australia opens up in a new browser tab for you

Currently migrating the last of the threads...the silly sign thread so the whats up australia site will be back in a few minutes

Hi All,

Great site, just joined up also very new in aviation would like help on issues related to traveling in a old 182 around this great land Oz , thanks

As a poster in some of the threads migrated, I understand that I am automatically a 'member' of this new site.

I DO NOT wish to be a member of any general social media site, I avoid them like the plague.

Please remove my details from the membership of this new site.

Done but Recreational Flying is also a Social Media site...there is no difference so I can delete you from here as well if you like!

• Like 2

If everything goes well with the whats up sites then perhaps an NZ version may spring up

Oh, I can imagine a fine exchange of insults as we speculate variously on what's up each other!!!...)

Done but Recreational Flying is also a Social Media site...there is no difference so I can delete you from here as well if you like!

Thanks Ian - yes I recognise that Rec Flying is 'social media', but it has a narrow interest focus and I have some faith that fellow aviators have some scruples. However, if you wish to have me not contribute any more, feel free to delete me from here as well.

Thanks Ian - yes I recognise that Rec Flying is 'social media', but it has a narrow interest focus and I have some faith that fellow aviators have some scruples. However, if you wish to have me not contribute any more, feel free to delete me from here as well.

Sheep?

Sigh...and is it any wonder that sometimes we amuse ourselves considerin' what we'd like to be up Australia???

• Haha 1

Sigh...and is it any wonder that sometimes we amuse ourselves considerin' what we'd like to be up Australia???

....sideways.

Not that we'd say, of course........we got scruples!!!

Ian, some of us ( well me ) would like to use a different name on Whats up to what we do here.

I would like to just be Bruce on what's up.

Well I might even find a creationist on the new site, and I don't want to be cleansed by fire here at home. So far on Rec Flying, although there are some funny people, they are all my sort of funny and I am not worried about using my real name. But who knows what sort of people will come to what's up.... I hope some entertaining ones with funny ideas will join the mix.