Hi from WA

av8rford

New to this forum. I am nearing the end on an RV6 build and have an FK9.

Recently purchased a OneX project which I hope to match up to a Rotax 912 80hp which I have already.

Cheers....Martin

• Like 2

New to this forum. I am nearing the end on an RV6 build and have an FK9.Recently purchased a OneX project which I hope to match up to a Rotax 912 80hp which I have already.

Cheers....Martin

Hi Martin, welcome. Where are you based, I fly out of Bunbury at the moment but live in Willetton.

Hi Martin, welcome. Where are you based, I fly out of Bunbury at the moment but live in Willetton.Thanks ... I have a hangar at Serpentine and live in Kalamunda.

Bunbury is a long way from Willeton!

LOL, its not so bad, an easy 1.7 door to door. I only really have either Bunbury or York as a base for Microlights so a bit limited for hangers unless I want to trailer it each time to a local site and that's a pain and doesn't really save much time.

Beauty is that Bunbury has a good crowd and active Microlights so it's a good community there.

Beauty is that Bunbury has a good crowd and active Microlights so it's a good community there.

Is there much hangarage space available at Bunbury? I plan to move down south in about 2 years but all depends on where I can store my plane. I specifically want to move to Busselton and I've made a few attempts to ask the Busselton Aeroclub about hangarage but if you don't ask about flight training you don't really get a reply from them.

Is there much hangarage space available at Bunbury? I plan to move down south in about 2 years but all depends on where I can store my plane. I specifically want to move to Busselton and I've made a few attempts to ask the Busselton Aeroclub about hangarage but if you don't ask about flight training you don't really get a reply from them.

Hi Brett,

Mate in general yes always something available. If you keep in touch and let me know nearer the time I'l get a few names and pass on to you.

• Like 1

I specifically want to move to Busselton and I've made a few attempts to ask the Busselton Aeroclub about hangarage but if you don't ask about flight training you don't really get a reply from them.

Busselton airport, owned by shire/local council, is undergoing a major revamp. ( got 60 mill to play with...... don't ask me how when our state govt is broke...). They have visions of grandeur with A380's and 747's circling in the sky above.

Owners and renters are being kicked out of existing hangars by June next year. Plan is for new hangar/GA precinct to be build but don't hold your breath on that. The local council have an extreme level of contempt and distain for GA and recreational aircraft and pilots.

ASIC's are enforced. As are fluro vests and landing fees. Limited flying hours and circuits at times....

Don't be surprised if your landed aircraft is followed by a council vehicle and upon exiting aircraft you are questioned about the above requirements.

Most southwest pilots avoid it like the plague......see council if you are still interested in a new hangar spot....

Bunbury..... pretty much the opposite of the above. No asic. No vest. No landing fees.

Aeroclub with training (GA). Flying school ( up to commercial).

Several gyro instructors and now (or soon) a microlight instructor.

Rescue heli base. Fire bomber base in summer. A GA charter operator. Avgas bowser.

Always something happening and "on the go".

Plenty of private GA, recreational, gyro, trikes, a couple of heli's and private turboprops too.

You can generally find hangar space for your aircraft.

The Forrest highway is dual lane and it is quite fast and easy to get here from Perth..... so come on down....!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Busselton airport, owned by shire/local council, is undergoing a major revamp. ( got 60 mill to play with...... don't ask me how when our state govt is broke...). They have visions of grandeur with A380's and 747's circling in the sky above.Owners and renters are being kicked out of existing hangars by June next year. Plan is for new hangar/GA precinct to be build but don't hold your breath on that. The local council have an extreme level of contempt and distain for GA and recreational aircraft and pilots.

ASIC's are enforced. As are fluro vests and landing fees. Limited flying hours and circuits at times....

Don't be surprised if your landed aircraft is followed by a council vehicle and upon exiting aircraft you are questioned about the above requirements.

Most southwest pilots avoid it like the plague......see council if you are still interested in a new hangar spot....

Bunbury..... pretty much the opposite of the above. No asic. No vest. No landing fees.

Aeroclub with training (GA). Flying school ( up to commercial).

Several gyro instructors and now (or soon) a microlight instructor.

Rescue heli base. Fire bomber base in summer. A GA charter operator. Avgas bowser.

Always something happening and "on the go".

Plenty of private GA, recreational, gyro, trikes, a couple of heli's and private turboprops too.

You can generally find hangar space for your aircraft.

The Forrest highway is dual lane and it is quite fast and easy to get here from Perth..... so come on down....!!

Hi Downunder, yes I pretty much second that, and yes the Microlight Instructor and new School is in place too. I love the activity at Bunbury, never know what you are going to be in a cct with, RFDS, Water Bomber, RAC Rescue, or light aricraft/recrational. Keeps you on your toes :-)

Also the breakfast at the Bunbury Aero Club and all are welcome.

Thanks for the replies guys. Good food for thought. I do need to wait till my daughter leaves school before I move but the years are ticking over quite disconcertingly now so will be time to move before I know it. I owned a microlight for a while so would be good to see a few flying around again too.

New to this forum. I am nearing the end on an RV6 build and have an FK9.Recently purchased a OneX project which I hope to match up to a Rotax 912 80hp which I have already.

Cheers....Martin

Welcome Martin. When you have the RV6 flying - consider coming down to Albany and learning to formate it. We have around 16 RV's here, and an active formation group. We can train you for your formation endo: in fact, we can train you for your tailwheel endo, and train you to be really competent in your RV as well. cheers,

Welcome Martin. When you have the RV6 flying - consider coming down to Albany and learning to formate it. We have around 16 RV's here, and an active formation group. We can train you for your formation endo: in fact, we can train you for your tailwheel endo, and train you to be really competent in your RV as well. cheers,

Perhaps just an "RV" endorsement 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Perhaps just an "RV" endorsement 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

No such thing actually - unless it has a 'design feature' (eg, csu,t/w) that you have not yet been trained on.

Caution: you'll catch the RV virus and never want to fly anything else! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

happy days,

• Like 2

That seems like a great idea. Probably about a year off yet. Plan is to get endorsed with JB here at SEN...already have TW endo but need more guidance and TW time!

That seems like a great idea. Probably about a year off yet. Plan is to get endorsed with JB here at SEN...already have TW endo but need more guidance and TW time!

JB is a very experienced G1 instructor and will get you up to speed in the RV6. Before commencing formation, you need to, (have 30-40 hrs PIC), plus be able to 'wheel' the RV6 on with good directional control and no 'hops'. This will ensure that you can (safely) maintain your wingman position during landing. YSEN 05/23 is quite narrow so you should be right if you can stay on it with a wheeler in an RV6. Good luck with it all.

JB is a very experienced G1 instructor and will get you up to speed in the RV6. Before commencing formation, you need to, (have 30-40 hrs PIC), plus be able to 'wheel' the RV6 on with good directional control and no 'hops'. This will ensure that you can (safely) maintain your wingman position during landing. YSEN 05/23 is quite narrow so you should be right if you can stay on it with a wheeler in an RV6. Good luck with it all.

Sure...my FK9 is TW and most landings are wheelers. The RV is a different animal though. Best to approach a new aircraft with great care so JB will have some work to do!

Meantime, Im planning to fly the Kimberley in July, so that will take some time away from the RV build.