Oshkosh 2017 - Who's going?

The navigator and I are heading to Oshkosh this year. This has been Bucket List item #1 for a looong time. Will we see any forumites there?

We will be camping in Camp Scholler in an RV (no, not a Vans RV!) We will be there for as much of the event as the navigator can tolerate (which will be most, if not all of the week I hope) and would like to put some faces to some of the forum handles. If you're going and would like to catch up over a jar of something wet, PM me and let's try and set something up.

Been planning this trip for a few years now, can't believe it's finally happening, going to be a boys trip with 3 mates, we have booked 2 RV's & camping on site.

Can't believe my luck, I'm a bit of a Blue Angels tragic, wanting to see them for years & I have every Apollo book written, so when I found out that the Blues are there as well as all the surviving Apollo astronauts I couldn't believe my luck. 016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

I am going with Tori Tours. Three days at Dayton, then on to Oshkosh for the week. Accommodation at the University (all you can eat buffet breakfast) There are about 60 people going.

I have also booked a flight in the Ford Trimotor and a flight in the B17

I have been told that one of the best places to catch up is Caddys at the university. But then again, any place is a good place to catch up

• Like 1

I have it on good authority that the base of the control tower is the best place to meet up. With wifi available in the camp, I'll let everyone know our US mobile number when we're settled in.

Bryon, Roundsounds and Chris, can you PM me with details of how to contact you when we're over there?

Hi Bryon, Roundsounds and Scott.

I'm staying in the South African camp (said while running for cover!) at Camp Scholler.

I will have my mobile with me zero452 2wun6 zeroI2. I would love to catch up for a few beers.

I am going with Tori Tours. Three days at Dayton, then on to Oshkosh for the week. Accommodation at the University (all you can eat buffet breakfast) There are about 60 people going.I have also booked a flight in the Ford Trimotor and a flight in the B17

I have been told that one of the best places to catch up is Caddys at the university. But then again, any place is a good place to catch up

Do not know how far up to speed you are.. Evening meal is a buffet as well.. The other get a weekly bus ticket then you can travel backwards and forwards to the grounds when ever you wish.. e.g.. If you have a big morning shopping you can bring all your goodies back to your room save lugging them about for the rest of the day.

KP.

• 1 month later...

Hi All, I'm heading over as well this weekend, I'll be there Monday - Saturday.

Finally going after three missed opportunities in a row.

Another mate I know is heading over, as well as a few members of the RV crew.

Happy to meet up with any aussies over there, send me a pm if you want to catch up, I'm staying at the uni.

Shane

• 2 weeks later...

This was my first Oshkosh, I have to say that it exceeded all my expectations, extremely well managed & outstanding flying displays, everyone was just so friendly, I can honestly understand how folks come here every year.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

My personal favorites were the Blue Angels, the Apollo astronauts, the light sport a/c & the home builds.

• Like 2