This ones for you Tomo.

Those that have not been around as long as me and others on these forums, our mate Thomo spent some time in PNG, so I thought this may bring back a few (hopefully) happy memories for him.

If you dig back through old posts, his experiences there, were a real interesting read.

Nice weather. You wouldn't want to wander to the edge in the lower part. Plenty of erosion. No margin for error and on a ridge like that winds would be a real hazard. Thanks for posting. Nev

• Helpful 1

Blonde moment eh Planey haha! thanks for posting mate, brings back memories for me also, although I wasn't a pilot when there.

Going back a few years, Tomo was there helping the villagers with their airstrip if my memory serves me correctly, and fixing generators, etc; a wonderful effort I thought, and good on him.

It's probably hard for us in Oz to realize that the people in this village took 14yrs to make the clearing for an airstrip.

Certainly not the place for the inexperienced, or those lacking the necessary skills to fly into, but i'm sure it means the world to those locals.

The pilot looked happy with the chook's, though they didn't ask whether he'd like "fries" with them.