light aircraft & drone collision? -Parafield

Some people have suggested such, Tecky, not necessarily on this thread. I suppose I could have said I think they are a hazard to aircraft, avoiding the double negative.. Many would affirm that a such a small thing can't do much damage, erroneously I would suggest. A flake of paint can kill a spacewalker near an earth orbiting station. Nev

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Phantom style drone weights about 1.5 kg and in wrong place at the wrong time would be deadly to most aircraft. I think this is well understood by most on these forums.

I still have the right to project my opinion, just in case your faith in everyone understanding it is not quite right. 3 lbs is nearly half a housebrick. Operators DO need some assurance these objects won't be in the airspace they regularly use. Rules must be effective and people must stick to them. That's the way thing s are in a complex society, where some interests may conflict. Nev

• Agree 1

Nev please stop misquoting me most on these forums does not mean everyone.

Do you have a vested interest in the sale or operation of drones?

• Like 1

Do you have a vested interest in the sale or operation of drones?

No, I do own a couple which I have not flown for some time. What I have a problem with is misuse of the truth by people who clearly have no understanding of the subject.