PIECE OF HISTORY - ROYAL NAVY CATAPULT LAUNCHING AND DECK LANDINGS

Old Wilson, eh....one of those types!

I seriously doubt anyone doing carrier landings (not that I ever have, or will) would think them 'just too easy'!!!!

And...the accents: apparently you couldn't get a job in the media in the UK unless you had that accent....bizzarre, looking back...

• Informative 1

Old Wilson, eh....one of those types!I seriously doubt anyone doing carrier landings (not that I ever have, or will) would think them 'just too easy'!!!!

And...the accents:. . . . apparently you couldn't get a job in the media in the UK unless you had that accent....bizzarre, looking back...

regional accent,. . .or are an Immigrant,. .. in which case your accent is immeidiately accommodated and excused.

all ABBC advertising for media staff nowadiays Contains the Caveat : ONLY BLACK, COLOURED, OR AISIAN MAY APPLY. . . .This kind of advertising used to be illegal, and it probably still is, but the Powers that be don't do their job anymore,. . .we are being subsumed. . . .

White people. . .( I admit to being one of these. . .) are seemingly being de-selected from postions of value in the media. . . . A curious situation.

regional accent,. . .or are an Immigrant,. .. in which case your accent is immeidiately accommodated and excused.all ABBC advertising for media staff nowadiays Contains the Caveat : ONLY BLACK, COLOURED, OR AISIAN MAY APPLY. . . .This kind of advertising used to be illegal, and it probably still is, but the Powers that be don't do their job anymore,. . .we are being subsumed. . . .

White people. . .( I admit to being one of these. . .) are seemingly being de-selected from postions of value in the media. . . . A curious situation.

Well...for a very long time there was this silly idea that there was only one 'correct' way of speaking English. And the extension of that idea was that all other regional accents or dialects were essentially inferior and 'wrong'.

Which is actually total BS: what it's really about is a way of recognising people from a certain segment of society...or those who aspire to it.

And since those folk got to corner all sorts of job markets for decades...I'd say it's about time for black, coloured or asian folk to have a crack. Wouldn't you???........................059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif059_whistling.gif.2dabfb95cf260b127f1075aee60bf487.gif059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

Well...for a very long time there was this silly idea that there was only one 'correct' way of speaking English. And the extension of that idea was that all other regional accents or dialects were essentially inferior and 'wrong'.Which is actually total BS: what it's really about is a way of recognising people from a certain segment of society...or those who aspire to it.

And since those folk got to corner all sorts of job markets for decades...I'd say it's about time for black, coloured or asian folk to have a crack. Wouldn't you???........................059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif059_whistling.gif.2dabfb95cf260b127f1075aee60bf487.gif059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

Only 51% of them have a crack.

• Haha 2

that's great. It must have been terrifying landing in rough seas at night. Also note the lack of hearing protection.

Hey, what's that you say old chap chill_out.gif.cee4903a35751abb602feb480645ccbb.gif028_whisper.gif.c42ab2fd36dd10ba7a7ea829182acdc1.gif

Well...for a very long time there was this silly idea that there was only one 'correct' way of speaking English. And the extension of that idea was that all other regional accents or dialects were essentially inferior and 'wrong'.Which is actually total BS: what it's really about is a way of recognising people from a certain segment of society...or those who aspire to it.

ABSOLUTELY. . . Interview all applicants and choose the candidate(s) who demonstrates the most suitability and the best qualifications for the job irrespective of sex, ethnicty or spoken accent.