CASA hiring

Okay I’ll keep that in mind next time you share unrealistic and ridiculous opinions on what should be sensible topics.

In the meantime, as TP indicated, I’d like to see some informed opinions based on provided evidence as to why an interest in aviation would be either detrimental or beneficial to the hiring of or operations of CASA staff. I won’t go as far to say I have proof (beyond knowing a couple of CASA staff), but I’d wager a bet that a large amount of CASA employees love aviation and want to work towards advancing it and might be offended if it was suggested they were in it for other reasons.

Nathan we can ignore the fact that GA and business aviation is dying for as long as we want. Even Pauline Hanson has addressed this issue

I'll predict that within our lifetime ever Australian airline will be overseas owned because other countries value aviation more than CASA does.

• Agree 1

I had a look at the CASA registry of the 15.290 aircraft

7626 of them where manufactured on or before 1980,

10450 are at least 20 years old

13087 over 10 years old

2203 aircraft less than 10 years old

CASA staff should all be fired for there handling of the Jabiru fiasco. This video makes me want to vomit.

How much did it cost?

Serious OH&S violations which I will be reporting to Worksafe ACT, and Safework NSW.

How can CASA guide people thru the "complex aviation legislation" when they cannot even follow simple OH&S obligations.

28 seconds No appropriate sun hat, Hi viz vest not worn correctly "The importance of using the apparel only in the specified way", No sun glasses.

36 seconds No appropriate sun hat, no sun glasses lanyard not fitted with breakaways.

45 seconds No Long sleeve shirts, inappropriate hat, no sun glasses, loose item in pocket.

54 seconds inappropriate foot wear, no hi viz top.

55 seconds given the previous violations was was a confined space risk assessment completed and entry permit completed before entering space?

60 seconds loose jewellery in work space.

66 seconds Loose clothing, inappropriate footwear, lanyard with no breakaway, loose jewellery in work space.

75 seconds inappropriate sun protection cap does not comply with Australian standards for sun protection.

105 seconds no sunglasses and lanyard with no breakaway being worn while using complex machinery.

You know we have gone completely insane when you can get 2 bureaucracy's fighting :)

Worksafe should go right thru CASA and fix this clearly lax organization they cannot make a simple video without multiple violations of OH&S. How slack must they be when they are not being filmed?

CASA staff should all be fired for there handling of the Jabiru fiasco. This video makes me want to vomit.How much did it cost?

Serious OH&S violations which I will be reporting to Worksafe ACT, and Safework NSW.

How can CASA guide people thru the "complex aviation legislation" when they cannot even follow simple OH&S obligations.

28 seconds No appropriate sun hat, Hi viz vest not worn correctly "The importance of using the apparel only in the specified way", No sun glasses.

36 seconds No appropriate sun hat, no sun glasses lanyard not fitted with breakaways.

45 seconds No Long sleeve shirts, inappropriate hat, no sun glasses, loose item in pocket.

54 seconds inappropriate foot wear, no hi viz top.

55 seconds given the previous violations was was a confined space risk assessment completed and entry permit completed before entering space?

60 seconds loose jewellery in work space.

66 seconds Loose clothing, inappropriate footwear, lanyard with no breakaway, loose jewellery in work space.

75 seconds inappropriate sun protection cap does not comply with Australian standards for sun protection.

105 seconds no sunglasses and lanyard with no breakaway being worn while using complex machinery.

You know we have gone completely insane when you can get 2 bureaucracy's fighting :)

Worksafe should go right thru CASA and fix this clearly lax organization they cannot make a simple video without multiple violations of OH&S. How slack must they be when they are not being filmed?

CASA not the only culprits in the wrong done to Jabiru. Our own CEO and a board member (deceased) were outspoken in the media with obvious bias ( inciting a lot of vitriol on this site ). Rumour is that the CEO (Linke) wrote to CASA asking them to intervene, (shafting 30% of RAA registered aircraft) which the two RAA defectors (to CASA) were only too happy to run with. One question remains however - what was the Tech Managers input to either save or sink Jabiru? given that from the list of mods and improvements it was clear to any fair minded person that issues were being addressed responsibly. Its way past time that this was put right!.