Spring is here

red750

So ... I take it, this aircraft is somewhat "under-utilised"? In other words, it has stood still, long enough, for it to be mistaken for part of the landscape?? Tsk, tsk.

I guess it could be worse. It could have been a rats nest. Seen a rat make a nest between the starter pinion and the flywheel ring gear, in an "under-utilised" asset - a farm truck.

The farmer jumped into the truck and hit the starter, and everything came to grinding halt within a few turns of the starter motor. He reckoned the worst job was unwinding wound-up rat, from the starter nose. yuck.gif.4c85ff36d4d9a0bd466be4926a1ba11e.gif

So ... I take it, this aircraft is somewhat "under-utilised"? In other words, it has stood still, long enough, for it to be mistaken for part of the landscape?? Tsk, tsk.I guess it could be worse. It could have been a rats nest. Seen a rat make a nest between the starter pinion and the flywheel ring gear, in an "under-utilised" asset - a farm truck.

The farmer jumped into the truck and hit the starter, and everything came to grinding halt within a few turns of the starter motor. He reckoned the worst job was unwinding wound-up rat, from the starter nose. yuck.gif.4c85ff36d4d9a0bd466be4926a1ba11e.gif

With blackbirds around Melbourne, they'll get a good nest going under the bonnet of a car you're using to commute; there's be a decent amount of straw on day 2 so it can pay to cehck rather than waiting for the fire.

It is a good early warning to check pitot tubes and static air vents for mud dauber nests and other creepy crawlies squatting in various aircraft orifices.

AND DON'T TRY TO CLEAR A BLOCKED PITOT TUBE BY BLOWING INTO IT FROM ITS INTAKE SIDE.

unless you have replacement AIS, altimeter and AH close at hand.

• Agree 2