Theiving little sod...

red750

Possibly just as it seems, although that then means there was three people involved.

It looked like he looked at three different bags, but all the same colour and type, while someone was checking a manifest sheet?

Who knows...

The aircraft is a Jetstar A320. Check the letterhead at around 1.48 - 1.50. Having said that, the baggage staff may well have been legitimately searching for something and do appear to be referring to letterheaded paperwork. Such things could be medication or travel documents that were inadvertently packed by the passenger and not kept out for transit. Medications are often packed and not deemed necessary by pax until the aircraft becomes delayed. I find it hard to believe that petty pilfering would have been filmed. Thieves tend be smarter than the average bear in my experience.

• Agree 1

Every time I had a connecting flight through Johannesburg in South-Africa, I had something stollen. Once had my suit and shoes stollen and only discovered the theft as I was getting ready to attend a friends wedding in rural Yorkshire. I had to wear my chinos and golf shirt to a very posh British wedding.

Wonder if ASIC has decreased luggage theft in Australia?

As a South African that has lived in Canada and now Austraia, I can truly say that the ASIC is the most useless thing I have ever seen and makes no sense to me. Rest of the world only airport and airline staff needs background checks and rightfully so.

• Agree 1