VH - Registered to RAA

AZNA

Hey Guys ,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but how does one convert a factory build Jabiru that is VH - to RAA ?

Cost ? How ? Process ?

Thanks ,

AZNA

What about the other way around? Say, an RV9 or Tecnam , 24 reg. It's the usual bunch of forms? It appears on form029 all you need is a Type Certificate or Provisional, so one can presume that any aircraft type one has ever seen registered VH already has a Type Certificate , either submitted by the very first person to import / build / buy one or by the manufacturer.

Is my presumption correct?

I am possibly looking at buying an LSA 24 and converting to VH. I am still considering the pros and cons of such. With a PPL and the right instruments to get into CTA I don't really need to I suspect. There appears to be little advantage to VH reg other than you won't get scoffed at by the big GA boys when you call out your model and number , instead of 'Alpha Bravo Charlie'

And yes, as an aside, I've previously been duly ignored inbound, simply by my 24 callsign. Just a little unnerving when your trying to get a position fix of others coming into a new airport !

Thanks

Ramjet

What about the other way around? Say, an RV9 or Tecnam , 24 reg. It's the usual bunch of forms? It appears on form029 all you need is a Type Certificate or Provisional, so one can presume that any aircraft type one has ever seen registered VH already has a Type Certificate , either submitted by the very first person to import / build / buy one or by the manufacturer.Is my presumption correct?

I am possibly looking at buying an LSA 24 and converting to VH. I am still considering the pros and cons of such. With a PPL and the right instruments to get into CTA I don't really need to I suspect. There appears to be little advantage to VH reg other than you won't get scoffed at by the big GA boys when you call out your model and number , instead of 'Alpha Bravo Charlie'

And yes, as an aside, I've previously been duly ignored inbound, simply by my 24 callsign. Just a little unnerving when your trying to get a position fix of others coming into a new airport !

Thanks

Ramjet

My son and i were flying into Port Maquarie , and there were about 4 other UA s approaching at the same time. The RPL captain also on approach did a great job in clarifying everyones position and intentions . So i guess like everything else its who you come accross at the time.

What about the other way around? Say, an RV9 or Tecnam , 24 reg. It's the usual bunch of forms? It appears on form029 all you need is a Type Certificate or Provisional, so one can presume that any aircraft type one has ever seen registered VH already has a Type Certificate , either submitted by the very first person to import / build / buy one or by the manufacturer.Is my presumption correct?

Thanks

Ramjet

I went from RAAus -> VH -> RAAus with my RV-9 a few months ago. The transition back from VH -> RAAus was about as painless as it could possibly have been, thanks mainly to Jared S at RAAus HQ. I didn't keep it VH- as the SAAA refused to provide the MPC dates that would enable me to re-weigh the plane and compile a valid MR. Be stuffed if I'll pay a LAME to do it for me when I built the plane and its' flown near-on 100 hours under RAAus already...Still haven't heard if there are going to be any MPC's run this year either...If going from RAAus -> VH, use caution in filling out the CAsA form if it is still on the RAAus register. You will get it back, while being called a liar from CLARC because CAsA defines "foerign" as "any register other than ours", notwithstanding the context of the question is asking about other countries...Then end up in a 30 minute argument with them about it. 035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif

Anybody want to buy low-time RV-9?!?

• Like 1

I went from RAAus -> VH -> RAAus with my RV-9 a few months ago. The transition back from VH -> RAAus was about as painless as it could possibly have been, thanks mainly to Jared S at RAAus HQ. I didn't keep it VH- as the SAAA refused to provide the MPC dates that would enable me to re-weigh the plane and compile a valid MR. Be stuffed if I'll pay a LAME to do it for me when I built the plane and its' flown near-on 100 hours under RAAus already...Still haven't heard if there are going to be any MPC's run this year either...If going from RAAus -> VH, use caution in filling out the CAsA form if it is still on the RAAus register. You will get it back, while being called a liar from CLARC because CAsA defines "foerign" as "any register other than ours", notwithstanding the context of the question is asking about other countries...Then end up in a 30 minute argument with them about it. 035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif

Anybody want to buy low-time RV-9?!?

Thanks, very helpful response. And, price dependent I may well be seriously interested in your RV9 (A?)

• Informative 1

Just met a Man,

Has pilots license but worrying over his medical!. He told me he is going to purchase a (cheap) Beach aircraft residing Bankstown airport,

It has only ten hours left on the engine, and he's going to go all out to get it onto the RAA register!, After flying it out of Bankstown to his home airfield.

Has he got a hope? of RAA rego.

spacesailor

• Haha 1

Hey Guys ,I'm sorry if this has been asked before but how does one convert a factory build Jabiru that is VH - to RAA ?Cost ? How ? Process ?Thanks ,AZNA

I know someone who converted a CTSw from VH to 24 RAA rego. He said it was easy.