Pilot Crashes Light Plane At Atherton Aerodrome.

This link is the only way I`ve been able to find to post here...When the link opens the page, scroll down to the 6th video on the right; There is another video on the next line on the left but I don`t know if those without a facebook account will be able to view the video`s so for future reference can someone without a fb account please let me know if you can view the videos.

7 News Cairns

Frank.

I copied the URL , then logged out and pasted it in the address bar. This took me to a 7 news page asking me to register or log in, but I clicked on the small "Not now"at the bottom, and it showed the video.

No, I cannot view it. I ended up on a facebook page where you have to sign in to proceed. !!

Thank you Ron, that`s what I suspected, now I know.

Here's the link Frank:

Thank you Turbo!011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif... I`ve forgotten how many times I tried a different way but couldn`t get just video like you have..035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif... Can`t know everything about everything.

Frank.

• Like 1

Looks like an RV6 or 7A, never liked the training wheel on the front of an RV.

The nosewheel is adequate for landings done onto the mains first, holding it off until you run out of elevator command. They should be taxied very carefully on rough ground. On soft ground you can have problems unless power is used with full flap extended to hold the nosewheel off while taxying. Generally speaking, pilots fly RV's too fast on approach and just don't bleed off the speed before plonking them on - which is really testing the front wheel! happy days,

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

WTF are those four idiots doing, standing underneath the aircraft as it's being lifted?? Hasn't anyone taught them, that you never get underneath any load suspended from any lifting equipment?!

The aircraft may be relatively light - but they still stand a chance of debilitating injury should that sling slip, a hydraulic hose blow on the forklift, or the forklift overbalance.

I have seen all three happen during lifting operations, and it was a shock to all involved. I've also seen a winch cable on a tilt tray snap, when a tilt tray man was winching a tractor crane up the tray!

The look on his face was sheer horror, as the crane took off down the yard at a decent rate of knots!

Fortunately, no-one was behind it (I'd already made sure I was standing to one side), and there was nothing in the way of the tractor crane, as it rolled to a stop, 25M away.

You cannot trust any lifting equipment or securing method, no matter how professional it looks.

• Agree 1