RV-6 prop strike on Tecnam, then refuels and takes off!

Guest aviast

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dynon Skyview can have a camera attached so you don't need a seperate display.

Dynon Avionics | Video Input Adapter

ya know what, I always thought that a tail dragger with a forward vision problem would benefit significantly by having a little camera mounted under the nose of the aircraftyou could feed the video back to a drop down tablet for reference while on the ground, and then fold it up and record the flight onto the tablet for future viewing - it ain't rocket surgery, folks...

this stuff is available for FPV options for drones and does not cost a lot, and it's not all that difficult to set up...after a few grubs were seen checking out houses in our street I popped a camera inside my letterbox that transmits to the house for under $50 - records vehicle details and number plates perfectly and nobody even knows it's there...

BP

I've got a worse story than this one but I'm sure not telling it here.

The camera under the nose is a great idea, also if you operate where there are obstacles after takeoff as you usually lose sight of them when you rotate.

The "plane" stupidity in this incident has nothing to do with law or MPC or anything else and please note you do not need to be a SAAA member to operate a E-AB aircraft. It is just a case of a complete cowboy operation. Take away the guy's licence and LAME ticket and bin them forever.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

May have been blinded by the shiny Alclad finish.

Not as silly as it sounds.

Built a Teenie Too that was polished alclad, had to be painted in the end it would blind you if the sun caught it.

Doesn’t excuse the other poor airmanship of this pilot though.

• Agree 1

True but it's called fight of flight when any human is faced with shock, in this case the latter!!

Im sure of one thing if he done it to me it would be the first after the latter had occurred ! It is unexcusable to leave an accident let alone fly after a prop strike ! But the horror that he damaged someones goods and took off literally after refueling ! Hope they throw the book at him with a few rotton tomatoes as well ! A disgracefull act and would be hard to excuse this kind of behaviour !

Im sure of one thing if he done it to me it would be the first after the latter had occurred ! It is unexcusable to leave an accident let alone fly after a prop strike ! But the horror that he damaged someones goods and took off literally after refueling ! Hope they throw the book at him with a few rotton tomatoes as well ! A disgracefull act and would be hard to excuse this kind of behaviour !

What would fighting him prove? He's obviously not making or in this case made a responsible decision but fighting him would also be irresponsible.