Drone+simple concept= workable life saving system in Rwanda

Guest Guest

It's all about cost and risk. Everything is a compromise and this method is probably as good as it gets for the dollar value

As I see it, a small STOL aircraft could do the same thing with a much greater payload?

No reason why not, although RC Aircraft have a power to weight ratio many times that of a conventional piloted aircraft, and full power will pull you out of just about anything.I notice the drone take-off is full power, steep angle, and the landing is a dump, removing the risk of breakage with semi-skilled pilots, wind gusts etc.....but it works.

That's a pretty impressive setup - and particularly the accuracy of the arrestor hook arrangement, upon return!

How come 3rd world countries are beating us with technology?? Does this mean we are now below 3rd world standards?? 051_crying.gif.35a45bf53e6cfb2088b277ee5abdbb4c.gif

That's a pretty impressive setup - and particularly the accuracy of the arrestor hook arrangement' date=' upon return!How come 3rd world countries are beating us with technology?? Does this mean we are now below 3rd world standards?? [img']https://www.recreationalflying.com/xf_step/upload/uploads/emoticons/051_crying.gif.35a45bf53e6cfb2088b277ee5abdbb4c.gif[/img]

We're looking for untra-technical solutions, like autonomous cars.Sometimes it doesn't need painting

How come 3rd world countries are beating us with technology?? Does this mean we are now below 3rd world standards?? 051_crying.gif.35a45bf53e6cfb2088b277ee5abdbb4c.gif

Yes! Yes it does.OHS and regulation would be so over this like a rash it would be impossible....

We would have a 2 or 3 thousand dollar an hour chopper doing the same thing and deluding ourselves into believing we're a "first world" nation so everything we do must be right and correct..

Last year Japan celebrated 50 years operation of their Bullet train......and they lost the war?

Yes! Yes it does.OHS and regulation would be so over this like a rash it would be impossible....We would have a 2 or 3 thousand dollar an hour chopper doing the same thing and deluding ourselves into believing we're a "first world" nation so everything we do must be right and correct..Last year Japan celebrated 50 years operation of their Bullet train......and they lost the war?

It's funny that you don't hear this kind of talk in MAAA regarding RC aircraft, which also have to comply with OHS, and any other regulations.A few months ago a journalist from Melbourne's Age asked me to meet a photographer for a photoshoot. When I got to the location the photographer took a wide shot with a drone.

When I asked him if he'd had any training, he said he'd been to NSW and been trained by MotzartMerv (a member of this forum), knew he was under the Moorabbin CTA step, and was very comfortable with his obligations.

Japan's bullet trains are privately financed, just like the non stop, self supporting, SCT train which runs the Melbourne-Perth route carrying containers. We could have them here if someone wants to build the track and set up the rolling stock. What is holding them back is our low population.