Cessna 152 - RAA Registration??

ckaine

Just because a plane is old it, doesn't have to be unsafe. Most U/L''s will never last as long as a C 152 though nor will a C-152 Last as long as  a  Douglas DC-4 I flew with over 70,000 hours on the AIRFRAME. and no major problems found on a full inspection. Inspections are scheduled to find problems before they develop to the stage of being dangerous... That's also why reporting faults you find, makes the whole scene safer.

A very lightweight structure by it's very nature cannot be long lifed.  A heavy plane won't carry much payload. or have much performance. It's all a balance of considerations. Nev

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" Most U/L''s will never last as long as a C

Most U/L''s will never last as long as a C 152 though That's also why reporting faults you find, makes the whole scene safer.   A very lightweight structure by it's very nature cannot be long lifed.  

Says it all really...

In view of the RAA message about 760kg it is interesting to read through this 10-year-old thread again. It is also interesting that the RAA classifieds currently have a Tripacer for sale with numbers on the side. I believe the official figures for a Tripacer are Empty weight: 503 kg Gross weight: 907 kg. So still will be way over, unless I am missing something.

thought exactly the same thing toda it when spotted it in newest mag.