Economical hangar

old man emu

I saw this picture in the article about the sale of Pennfield at Sunbury, and was wondering if those green, domed structures are good hangars.

capi_5054fdc0455c702ef0d5c43b4ab14559_49809838f811aa70059b51cf40d3c465.jpeg

If anyone would like the frame of something similar, I could make enquiries with the owner of something similar I know of on a 5-acre property near me.

OME

These were used by Stoke airfield in the UK and whilst they did good service for around 4 years they all got sheeted in corrugated iron with some beefing up of the hoops as we had a few big storms come through and lost a couple that were plastic only and plastic only is much harder to fit doors to than steel sheeted.

I was thinking that one of these would be good on a farm strip where it could be erected where there were trees or other buildings to act as a windbreak.

I know that plastic sheeting would have to be replaced every couple of years due to UV damage, but this might be a cheap alternative.

they are pretty good for wind rating ......until you add doors or end walls

Current makers give 5 yr warranty of covering and theres some good stuff but also rubbish.

I do have an application for one if theres one for sale.

they are pretty good for wind rating ......until you add doors or end wallsCurrent makers give 5 yr warranty of covering and theres some good stuff but also rubbish.

I do have an application for one if theres one for sale.

Yep they work well when open ended but we found that the ones at Stoke with enclosed rear - from manufacturer - worked well but the required open window to allow air pressure equalisation allowed quite a lot of rain in ... and even shade cloth front enclosures blew in/out.

As an open shade shelter they are great. Enclosed to make a building they have limitations that make them trouble