Getting rid of the notification

Stormdot5

Hi everyone, my name is Trevor Maskell, located on the Gold Coast. I completed a CPL at age 20, but didn't persue an aviation carrear. Now as a new RAAUS member, l would like to get into flying again and maybe airplane construction.

Cheers, Trevor

Hi everyone, my name is Trevor Maskell, located on the Gold Coast. I completed a CPL at age 20, but didn't persue an aviation carrear. Now as a new RAAUS member, l would like to get into flying again and maybe airplane construction.Cheers, Trevor

Hi Trevor and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find heaps of good advice on here for your up and coming project, there are many on here who have built their own aircraft.

Hi everyone, my name is Trevor Maskell, located on the Gold Coast. I completed a CPL at age 20, but didn't persue an aviation carrear. Now as a new RAAUS member, l would like to get into flying again and maybe airplane construction.Cheers, Trevor

Hello Trevor

You are welcome to visit the Gold Coast Sports Flying Club at Norwell, where we operate RAAUS and small GA aircraft. Drop in and introduce yourself on a Saturday morning, or google GCSFC for more info. We also have a 24-reg Sling 2 on line for hire to club members. Cheers, Tim Ellerton, Secretary.

• 1 month later...

Hi Trevor, and Welcome to the Forum.   There are some really knowledgeable folk on here ( I don't include myself in that accolade Btw ) 

I wonder how long ago you did your Commercial ?. . .I ask, as a long lapsed CPL got the bug and came to our airfield for a TIF and appraisal of how much he remembered ( ! ) He had not flown for 15 years.

When informed that it would not take him long, he signed up and completed all sixteen exercises in 11 hours thirty minutes, flying an Evektor Eurostar low wing aircraft ( similar to the Aussie Sport Star ) . .  The CAA allowed him to take a retest, as he'd Obviously got the skills. . .which he passed and is now building a Zenair CH 601 ( Low wing ) He is 63 yrs young and says that now he's paid off his mortgage, and for two kids to go through Uni,. . it's HIS turn to have a bit of fun !

098_welcome.gif.3d5ee1df950cced34f20fdc54b4337e6.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone, my name is Trevor Maskell, located on the Gold Coast. I completed a CPL at age 20, but didn't persue an aviation carrear. Now as a new RAAUS member, l would like to get into flying again and maybe airplane construction.

Cheers, Trevor

Great to hear you are considering constructing your own aircraft.

You will find this a really rewarding experience as you will be learning about flight and the engineering of such - at the same time.

Go to Oshkosh constructor haven. Pinch some tips and ideas from the Americans, do not have to uses all ideas only take what you feel comfortable with.

What I do say consider Levil for your instruments. (engine monitoring and flight)

Before you start get a grasp of the engineering principals as you will have a truck load of "experts" offering advice. Yes, they are every where, the best question you can ask them, "Lets go and have a look at your plane so I can see how you did that". Hmmmmm gone in the dust.

A very good place to start Bill Whitney has a set of CD's, get the CD's and the notes to go with them, then you will be on the road to happiness. Bill is an engineer who has a passion and an understanding these small aircraft.

KP

A very good place to start Bill Whitney has a set of CD's, get the CD's and the notes to go with them, then you will be on the road to happiness. Bill is an engineer who has a passion and an understanding these small aircraft.

KP

G'day Keith, do you have Bill's contact details to get hold of these CDs'.............??

G'day Keith, do you have Bill's contact details to get hold of these CDs'.............??

Sorry I do not have his details.

The CDs used to advertised in the Sport Mag however not seen them for ages.

Bill used to live is Brisbane do not know where he lives now, may be still be there.

His initial are CW Whitney.

KP