Flying Solo!!

Well its finally happened and I really dont want to brag but I am just so damn excited!! After seven months and about fifteen hours I finally went solo today. Thought it was getting close but I didnt think it would happen today.I can not stop grinning!! anyway enough gloating,like Sue one of my brillant instructors said "its the first of many milestones" there are many more great things to come and I am looking forward to them all!! :) Doug.

Completely brag away mate - well done, it will be a day that you will always remember even more then when you get your certificate which is just around the corner for you - each day is an adventure! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Congratulations Mate!!!

Stuff the modesty.

Tell everyone and enjoy every bit of it. They'll enjoy chatting about your progress from hereon till you're a Jabiru Captain.

I sometimes shout out "clear prop" to my son when I start the van in the morning.

He thinks i'm some sort of "Nutta".

Guest airsick
I sometimes shout out "clear prop" to my son when I start the van in the morning.

Made me laugh this did.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

He thinks i'm some sort of "Nutta".

My wife thinks this of me...;)

Thanks planedriver,

I know what you mean, my seven year old son runs round the house doing radio calls,tmpfisch and bumfo checks (on his bike)!!. Thank you all for the words of encouragement and sorry for the late reply but we just got home from a week on the gold coast. Speaking of which I had been looking forward to the flight up (Virgin blue 737-800), as before I started r/a I loved flying in the big heavy`s. NOW not so sure, dont get me wrong Virgin were wonderfull and the aircraft is amazing and I loved being above and beyond the cloud but I felt a little costrofobic and really did not enjoy having no controll.I had total confidence in the ability of the captain and his/her F/O but I just wanted to rip that cockpit door down and sit up there with them!! (glad I didnt now,think it could be some sort of offence)006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif .Anway had a great time,we were lucky enough to have two beautifull old Trojans doing mock dog fights in the sky above us on a couple of seperate occasions, this was a definite highlight (although my wife would say otherwise) ;) Well, better go help upack.

Doug.

Doug..i know how u feel regarding the virgin blue flight..I too get an ueasy feeling when i fly on airliners nowdays.. i guess a little bit of knowlage about whats happening can stirr up some fear... I caused havoc on a flight once when we had just touched down , i was sitting on the wing and was in horror when i saw the engine open up just after touchdown...I explamed to some of my fellow passengers that the engine had broken some peices off as i could see inside it.. that can't be good, i know about these things and thats not spose to happen...AAAARRGGG....i felt like a tool when i realised it was the reverse thrusters.. they should warn us that the engine will open up and expose its inner workings on touchdown...lol...