plane hits ferris wheel - video

Not if you are nose up, on climb out. The Ferris wheel would not be in his field of view. (As he stated in the case ) 

I agree he didn't see it climbing out, but did he know it was there?

If it was his second go-around, he didn't see it first time around?

Looking at the video and how close the strip was, I would have thought the ferris wheel would stand out like dogs balls....

I was taking off from a friends farm strip. There is a large tree on the left side, 1/2way down the strip.

The wind was strong from the right. I couldn't see the tree but I could look down and see the strip.....I made bloody sure I was on that right rudder and followed the strip to the end...

No it doesn’t. None of us are associated with the case and nothing anyone says here is prejudicial to any outcome. We are an uninformed group discussing a public event. 

Yes it does!

You don't have to be associated with the case; already some statements have strayed very close to triggering explosive detail which would have an effect on the case; a pilot discussing the actions of another pilot or the status of a runway is well above uninformed status; most events in which someone sues someone else are public events.

This is getting very close to crossing the line.

You might remember, or care, that Kaz has had to wade in three times from my memory to protect Ian when similar comments have occurred.

All of this was previously discussed and documented in the original thread so why should a number of comments voicing opinions of those who were not there have any bearing on this. Everyone had an opinion about Pell & documented it on social media & his conviction was the worst kept secret in recent memory.

• Agree 2

All of this was previously discussed and documented in the original thread so why should a number of comments voicing opinions of those who were not there have any bearing on this. Everyone had an opinion about Pell & documented it on social media & his conviction was the worst kept secret in recent memory.

The critical difference is that then there were not two cases underway at the time this was discussed.

This discussion of details needs to stop because of the current court cases in progress. 

As far as I can tell, this is wrong, and there is no reason for us to not discuss the incident. If someone can correct me, by referring to a law, then that would be great! The only issue that I can see is defamation, which would be an issue at any time. 

My own view is that if it can happen to him then it can happen to me. 

I am not surprised that the people stuck in the ferris wheel have psychological injuries. Judging by their screams, they were truly terrified. After seeing the video, I can still hear them in my mind's ear, as it were. This is like the cherry picker being between the runways at the airshow. People need to not put stuff in the road of where aircraft fly. Latent errors, one can call them.