RA-Aus Great Annual Event - NatFly!

BigPete

Guest Flygirltake2

Hi Ross

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

It'd be so great to put names to faces. It makes the whole forum so more human if you can actually meet the people you are talking to.

Karen

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest David C

Yes ... a few of our plans are up in the air this year ( excuse the pun ) due to the weather . I will be flying at ground level , hoping to get there around midday ish on Friday . Member Just Fred has set off this morning and I am hoping to get a sitrep from him later on today . No matter what I will be there anyway , and hoping to catch up with as many of the clan as possible ..

Dave C

Guest Decca

To anyone who receives this up Narromine way, please pass Decca's big cheerio to all members attending. I am thinking of you and wishing you all safe journeys while I "medicate" here west of Ballarat in cool, drizzly conditions. I'll be able to join you next year.

Thanks Guys, Decca.

sadly the vampire wont be coming this year, still plenty of work to do, make a new firewall, i have the template from Ken at wollongong now, so that can start, and all thats left to do is rewire the new CHT and EGT senders, and make a new choke cable splitter, one that wont snap.... again... then she will be ready to fly! i have 2 weeks off as of today, so i plan on getting most if not all done, except making the firewall, as i dont have the tools to cut and shape stainless steel and titanium here at home.

I was coming, got all the preparations done, even managed to get tent and all gear into the plane but a bad hip had me thinking I couldn't stand 5+ hours sitting in my tiny seat so I am staying home. The hip even makes it uncomfortable to drive any distance. So next year.

Guest Fred Bear

Probably going to be in the same boat (minus the hip problem). Weather is not shaping up well. Really wanted to go with Ross. I figure driving is a waste of time. That and we head overseas next week. Maybe some time with the family. I need to work out where to hire an easter bunny suit...

Guest Fred Bear

Looking forward to some 'live' posts from there to see what is happening for those of you in a position to do so.

Guest Fred Bear

Thanks for those of us that could not be there. What is the turnout like? Do you know if Ross (Slartibartfast) is there? Any more pics??? Thanks again. Sorry I missed it now but the weather really was 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif in Sydney.

Sorry i don't know Ross (Slartibartfast) I spent money in Ian's shop and hung out with some of the forum members. who's names i have forgotten sorry! its my first time at natfly there where a lot of aircraft parked 6 t0 7 deep. lots of demo flight going on. and lots of the latest gear on display tecnam had a lot of aircraft on display heaps of jabs there. And the gliding club was great spot to hang out. here is some more pic's of forum members planes. And i got buzzed by this rabbit!!

Paul

1862916833_n003.JPG.a6f619e21cc9df60e4002c49c83328a6.JPG

151203437_n004.JPG.f116549625ccd29740955fdca321cdaf.JPG

669527830_n008.JPG.2d84e2b973f21d059af6872bdf32079c.JPG

592705855_n014.JPG.1b4f7d89632aab29a7a22c1a1e137913.JPG

1005735521_n020.JPG.e64d7f9c5617c5d147c9903877df7d99.JPG

1210284627_n009.JPG.dfc1b52efdd1983af4de509d10b91a66.JPG

Guest Fred Bear

Gee, thanks Shafs 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif Now I am spewing I missed it after looking at your pics mate ;) Thanks so much for sharing. I think this is the only year in 4 I have missed. Just was not going to happen this year. You answered my question about Slartibartfast. That is his plane (4th pic) with all the paw prints all over it. All the rag and tube open-air stuff that I am mostly keen on would show up this year when I am not there 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif Typical! Weather looks nice enough. Sydney is quite the opposite...still raining and nice and cold. Where did you see the easter bunny in the plane? Nice pic of that one. Are you still at Narromine? Tell the blokes in the tent Mr Masters and Emma say hello 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Next year...thanks again for sharing.

No worrys glad to help. your mate turned up after lunch. there was a lot of drifters and i saw some thursters there to. The rabbit was about 50ks north of west waylong.

Weather was hot heaps of people in hideing from the heat. so it looked like east of the ranges was crap weather wise.

Paul

1472191657_n007.JPG.3679b2705e34cd7185dc26ae9565b8e7.JPG

Thanks for the pics Shafs64. Like Darrren, I'm unhappy sitting at home especially knowing that 4 of our club planes are up there. (Tooradin Flying School). They were flying out yesterday and I would have loved to have been in the spare J160....051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Regards

Phil

Guest Dukes

NATFLY

Well hey there everyone, this was my first natfly and I will say that i was impressed. Great effort to put it all together. Unfortunately it was a hot friday arvo and then a rainy saturday till around 2-3pm, but still had a good time.

Went for a ride in a Technam p92s and also CTsw. Just been doing some research and am interested in seeing the CTLS in action. Thought the sw was a little beaut.

Lots of things to look at, must point out the jet that turned up on saturday was unreal to see take off and do an overpass.

well thats just a bit of what i thought.

Chris

Guest Fred Bear

Glad you enjoyed it. Sorry I missed it. Only year I have missed in ages. The jet may have been VH-LCJ an AERO VODOCHODY L-39C Albatross or Dick Smiths VH-MIF Cessna 525B.

Guest David C

It was LCJ from Bathurst ... Stayed about 1 hr , then departed in a spirited fashion . Oh to have money .011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Dave C

this year was great, though the crowds were down significantly than other years on account of the rain. thanks Ian for the shop, i picked up a few things and enjoyed the coffee and hot cross buns! cant wait to see the Millennium in the flesh next year, im sure it will be a massive crowd pleaser!

ok pic time it is!

had a great weekend! quite a mixed bag weather wise, nice and hot, typical narromine on the friday, yet wet and cool on the saturday, and solid rain today (sunday)

not as many aircraft here this year, but still a good turn out, and yet more VH aircraft than last year! seams to be growing in popularity in more than just RAA circles.

Met quite a few people from the forums in Ians store/ social focal point.

anyway, enough chat. pics.

Who might this be then? Hows the planet making business going? sorry, couldn't help myself, Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy was on TV sat night!

This aircraft always had a crowd around it! very nice indeed!

sexiest aircraft ever!

this does look fantastic with the new canopy!

she does look beautiful up close and personal... great paint job and design.

whos who of recreational free food!

good to see the UFO is still a regular! now i would love to do a few flights over syd with this aircraft! image the flood of calls to the ufo hotline!

someone wannabigplane?

Inside the J120, very basic indeed! shame nothing can be added to all that space on the panel.

Ian at large!

One for the Late Mr brown, an Original Piper Cub.

Guest Fred Bear

Sounds like a mixed bag of aircraft and weather. Dave, what was the rag and tube turnout like? Maybe next year my friend if you are brave enough to travel there with me. I should own a rag and tube by then.

Guest Fred Bear

Nice pics Rob. Thanks for sharing mate :thumb_up: Pity about the rain. That kind of makes it a 50/50 glad I did not come decision 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Can't afford to get sick now. Again, some excellent shots and aircraft.