RA-Aus Great Annual Event - NatFly!

BigPete

What was even better was that given the appalling weather conditions everywhere that there wasn't one accident - as Lee Ungermann said, that makes Natfly 2008 a successful event!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest airsick

Ian, there was an accident. I was wandering around on Saturday evening taking a few photos (see my prize winning entry in the March competition 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif) and saw a Jabiru 'parked' off the side of the runway. No wheels, fractured fuselage, busted wing and a few other bits dinged or missing.

As with Captain I also had troubles saying hello to people. I wouldn't recognise anyone but the guy I figured was Ian was busy chatting on the three ocassions I dropped by and as for Ross, I walked past his plane many times on the weekend and he (assuming it was him) was either not there or chatting flat out to someone every time. Best have another fly in so I can meet you all. :)

The weekend was productive for me though. I finally got off my rear and signed up with RAAus. I am one of you lot now and just have to drag myself off to get converted. I have even made a few phone calls on this front to keep the ball rolling so look out, the skies won't safe for much longer...

Guest airsick

Sure was. I have some details and photos but wasn't sure about posting them. I guess it is like any incident though. Maybe I will put some more info into the accidents section tonight and see if we can find out what happened. I heard a couple of theories but I will save them for later.

It was our ex illustrious leader Middo that came to grief - pictures would be good.

I think what Lee was referring to was that no pilot came to grief getting to Natfly or getting back home again in all the different weather conditions that were around

Geez we're a useless lot at times :yuk: - couldn't organize a you know what in a you know where. 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

- maybe next time we could all meet at a pre-arranged time in a pre-arranged place and have our own party. :thumb_up:

Maybe a "Rec Flyin' Forums Badge" for well established members could also be the go. :big_grin: (You show me yours and I'll show you mine). 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

Comments?

regards

Ross,

I'm sure we'll see each other at Goulburn some time, though I don't fly in there very often. I'll probably be wearing my Northern Territory floppy hat. Probably at one of the monthly BBQ's. Which weekend of the month are they on again, Sat/Sun?

And I did stop by to admire your Cheetah at Natfly. Drink Ian's tea and eat his biscuits.

Cheers,

Glen

Guest Fred Bear

Let's have the pics. Safety conscious Middo???? No way!!!! Maybe the wind blew his Jab away. Would love to know.

Did someone go to Rod Stiffs presentation - I went to the Jabiru Maintenance presentation and had to miss out on the latest from Jabiru's camp. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I think its a bit poor to put on two items for Jabiru lovers at the same time. thumb_down

regards

It was an excellent event.

Unfortunately I took someone who was not interested in Aeroplanes - good move or what? Meant I had to leave early.

Only managed one seminar - on power lines. Was well attended and well received.

Caught up with Big Pete and Little Pete. (Hope the little bloke is OK after his fall)

Chatted with Ian and was nice to catch up with him, sorry could not take up the kind offer of H C B's.

Found lots of familiar faces, didn't realise I had made so many friends in the short time I have been involved in flying.

Couldn't imagine a better spot for a fly in. The facilities were great.

Looking forward to next year.

Mark

Guest AusDarren

Forums at Natfly

A question to those of you lucky enough to be there at the forums;

Were the presentations videoed??

for every one enthusiast that can actually be there..

there are several that for one reason or another that can't.

If the forums could be posted on-line (think like Aero TV or you tube)

wouldn't that be a good consolation prize?

Just a thought!

Regards,

AusDarren