Darn Tiger

Admin

I am sitting here at Brisbane airport, could only get a late flight to Melb which meant I have been sitting here for 3 hrs already and now just found my flight has been delayed for 3 hours...suppose to have been an 8pm flight but now 11pm, midnight Melb time.

Sure, up to 1hr delays can happen but bloody 3hrs...what happened to the line that says "if you have to get there by a certain time then go commercial"

I am a velocity member with virgin who i normally fly but they were booked out except for the $5oo+ seats so really had no choice...this is only the 2nd time i hv gone with them and the first time had trouble also...so no virgin or jetstar then no fly

I was going to but now it doesnt leave brisbane till midnight melb time...the money u save on the flight you spend on coffee...aaarrrrggghhh

You're right jab phil, they can't seem to make up their mind...different announcements over pa saying one time and then another time of an extra 10min further delay, and then back to 10mins earlier...time for another coffee as the cleaners have moved in to the airport now

Guest Andys@coffs

Tiger daily maintenance is done by BAE Systems in their Tulla Hangar....The fact that the aircraft probably needed to end its day in Melb meant that the flight actually did go ahead.....For flights to other locations (where they are out and back to the same location) they generally just cancel both legs and they are then back to on time for the other flights of the day......My daughter got dumped at her last Sydney-Coffs flight..... She ended going Andy Air when I flew down to maitland and picked her up from my sister who drove her to maitland from Newcastle....Tiger $50 Andy-Air $250plus lotsa family IOU's......

Andy

Gotta go back up to Brisbane for a day of meetings tomorrow so this time have booked with good old Virgin...hopefully a bit more accurate with their times although they aren't running on NewSkies like Jetstar are

Flew Syd-Melb twice with Tiger and had similar delays to you Ian on both occasions----never again!

Jetstar stuffed us around big time on 3 0f the 4 flights ive had with them. Last time they re-sheduled the flight to 1hr earlier and no one let us know. Had to part with $170 and wait a further 2 1/2hrs for next flight.

Never ever had a single problem with Virgin, though it probably does happen occasionaly, and recently flew back with them from Coffs and I only counted 26 pax. Jetstar seem to pull the plug if it's not about 85% full.

Next time you get stuck, simply call our mate at Andy Air:plane: His service sounds pretty good to me.

I agree planedriver, it can be quite expensive to use a LCC (low cost carrier). I avoid Virgin out of Adelaide as they employ nasty weight nazis (could be just a local thing) but they do have consistent timing.

BTW please forgive but it's been nagging me so have to ask, when you're in the left seat would that make you a DIC....?

BTW please forgive but it's been nagging me so have to ask, when you're in the left seat would that make you a DIC....?

No! Just a PIC... Pensioner in Control:yikes:

Just watch out for the RAAF moustache, long scarf and a wide brimmed hat, just like the old blokes driving a Volvo. Then go by road.