One way Avro Lancaster Bomber Flight

PA.

Like to fly from Canada to England in a Avro Lancaster Bomber? This might be your lucky day if you win this eBay auction to be a crew member aboard this historic flight.

eBay item link.

How much is it worth?

Guest Nobody
For that much when they say "trained for the flight" I would be hoping for a type endorsement! It would be an amazing experience.....

The EAA had an auction to sell a B-17 type rating a few years ago. I cant rememeber what it went for but it was a lot of $$$$$

I would suggest that this experience would not be without some risks. Merlins are not that reliable new, and they are not NEW now. They were rarely allowed in a civilian plane. Canada may be an exception. Anti icing will not be effective. It never really was in those days and there is nothing much better available to retro fit.

Remember the Berlin airlift? (There are plenty of pictures of it). Notic e how many Merlin engine aircraft land with an engine feathered. Of course they were aircraft collected from around the place at short notice and pressed into service, BUT.... The time between overhauls was only a few hundred hours. The two magnetos are driven through ONE gear. Nev

One pilot, one set of controls, and one or two used to go missing just hopping the English channel.

Same with the B29's - the early models would frequently come home with one or two engines seized.

An hour in one of them would be a few dollars. Around $4K I reckon. You could get your TW endorsement at the same time. Nev

Not to mention your Merlin Multi engine endorsement.

Alan.

You might get a type endorsement. I can't imagine that you would get a command multi engine VFR without some experience in similar planes in under 10 hours and there are no simulators (motion and visuals) about. You would need about a week minimum on the systems Fuel and hydraulics Controls etc and A/C general knowledge Performance emerg and abnormal procedures...Nev