Which China airline is bad

Admin

I have an associate that is flying to London on China Air and I can remember one of the Chinese airline is not good especially on maintenance...was it China Eastern, China Southern, China Air???

Deep in my heart I don't trust any of them knowing what I know about work culture.

But, none of them are falling out of the sky, they are all Airbus or Boeing planes, and there are multiple choices of major airports and military bases within glide distance in case of emergency

FWIW, Sichuan Airlines have the best food and hottest non-specific gender Stewardesses.

Well, China Southern does fly into Australia, so it must have some sort of CASA safety standard approval?

I believe there are airlines NOT allowed to fly in Australia.... 

Well, China Southern does fly into Australia, so it must have some sort of CASA safety standard approval?

I think all the main Chinese airlines here land in Oz. I doubt CASA safety standards are any more stringent than China's, on paper anyway.

I don't know, but am suspicious of so many airlines requiring to meet "CASA's standards", Shirley there's an International body that monitors the majority of International airlines flying to most countries? Would be pretty messy otherwise. 

https://skytraxratings.com/airlines[/url]Qantas only gets 4 stars, so probably more of a passenger perspective...

They state:

Certified Airline Rating is the only global airline quality ranking programme applied through direct and professional analysis of Product and Service quality standards. Airline Ratings range from 1-Star through to the prestigious 5-Star Airline ranking.

So I'd suggest safety management isn't their yardstick. Hence why QF drops to a generous 4.

I googled airline safety a few years ago and the concensus was that KLM was the safest airline. Waste of time asking google, or maybe they were only looking at safety after the 500 plus KLM disaster.

I googled airline safety a few years ago and the concensus was that KLM was the safest airline. Waste of time asking google, or maybe they were only looking at safety after the 500 plus KLM disaster.

As the investment adds say "past performance may not reflect future performance". When an organisation has a big incident it may be enough to bring lasting change to the organisation. The lack of an incident, or a series of small ones may in fact be representative of an impending problem.

To Ian, if your mate does fly with a chinese airline tell him not to get the "western" meal. The "local" meal is a much better alternative....