The Oaks Flying News

Guest Fred Bear

Hi Dave,

Yep, our Sportstar was Peter's original demonstrator aircraft.We were at Narromine this year (on the Saturday) and Peter had the sister aircraft to ours there last year.

Never fear having missed us, we'll definitely be back at The Oaks on a regular basis and look forward to meeting you next time we're up.

Cheers,

Matt.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fred Bear

We (the new family) and I will be there in the morning. Need to start them young!:) Emma feels she needs to get out of the house. Good enough excuse for me:cool: Forecast is looking mighty good for the weekend too.

Guest David C

Matt .

I look forward to your next trip up to our little airfield " The Oaks " . Fly safe and see you soon hopefully .

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Fred Bear

All,

Looks like it's going to be an absolutely amazing weekend for flying! :) Shame that you cannot join us Dave. Blue skies and limp wind socks mate:) Time to get the cobwebs off the Bantam I think.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Woh I love it,brush off the dust fire up the engine and up up and away what a great way to spend a weekend I just love it. lets be honest if you fly and your blessed with blue skys you wouldn't be dead for quids.

I'mhoping to get up later on today work permitting.

Donsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley17.gifsmiley17.gifsmiley17.gifsmiley4.gifsmiley4.gif

Ha Darren yesterday was the best day I'v had in quite a while flying in what could onlydescribed as absolutely magnificent conditions3 mates in the air life couldn't be better.

Have a great weekends flying to all at the oaks and everywhere else for that matter.

Thank GOD for this great country I just love it ;)7.gifsmiley4.gif;)0.gif

Don

Guest Fred Bear

Very true Don. Fantastic isn't it mate? What a beautiful day it is today.:) Oh well shower and out there! I am sure I'll have some pics later. Thanks for the mobile Arthur:clap: Don't know about the conversion...yet. I'll take you up on the flight offer soon enough.:)

Don't rub it in Darren ...... Just think of me while you are flying along at 90kt enjoying the great scenery , for I will probably be at 0Kt in a traffic jam somewhere !!! . 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif Ah well , who wants to fly in forecast winds of VRB / 10Kts anyway ? . ME THATS WHO . Have a great time .

Dave

Guest Fred Bear

Unbelievable. Engine failure. Will post in incidents/accidents section as soon as my nerves come back. I will be going back for more in the morning but this time in the Jabiru. Takes alot more than todays fright to ground me!

Darren

I’m glad all is well and you are alright, there is an old saying, If you are thrown get straight back in the saddle So today have a great time and enjoy your day I will be praying for you and your little family.

Don

Darren,

I heard the news first hand last night from you , but never the less , it would still be remiss of me not to say well done in getting the airplane back down and keeping both yourself and Sunny safe and with us to fly another day . Have a great time out West .

Dave

Guest Fred Bear

Thanks for the prayers Don. Unfortunately I did not get to fly this morning. One of our pet rabbits passed on (just after I got off the phone with you Dave) so I was busy digging a hole. Think she was bitten by a spider. The male is fretting over her now so it has not been the best day for us today either 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif Things can only look up from here. Dave, yesterday Sunny and I both did as best we could at the time and that was to bring the injured aircraft back to The Oaks as fast and safely as we could. We felt we did a good job of it but after this you still think "I could have done this, I could have done that". Lessons to be learnt from every accident/incident. I will still post up in the incidents/accidents thread to get more views on what occured. It's a day I will remember for the rest of my life. We will have a good time on our trip Dave and we all wish you the best on your long journey too.:)

• 1 month later...
Guest Fred Bear

Looking like a good one for flying this Saturday/Sunday. Looks as though I will be there Saturday. Anybody else going?Dave?Time to get the Jabiru up in the air again!:)

Darren I don't know about the weekend however down here in Holbrook to day it blowing a gail and its so cold they are saying that it is snowing on the mountainshowever GOD is great we have hasquite a bit of rainover the passed week or so just what the land needed.

Don

Guest David C

Darren ,

I agree it is time to dust off the cobwebs and get the Jab airborne again , however , there is a SNAG . I'm working for the next THREE weekends . Typical hey !!! ....... Ah well , I can dream I suppose .051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif051_crying.gif.edc6b33a234e272ee13f0ec0ae40b12a.gif

Guest Fred Bear

Don, indeed the rain is needed.Let's hope for some more.Smokey,lucky you is all I can say.Expect to see lots of pics when you return.Dave,always working on the good days mate.What's the go there?Oh well, I will have a fly for you.

Darren i wish the same could be said for Holbrook predicting hot dry strong winds, wouldn't want to be a fire fighter in conditions like we have been having over the last few days we have been surrounded bya smoky hazethank GOD for those dedicated men and women of the bush fire brigades all over Australia what a great job they do.

Don