The Oaks Flying News

Guest Fred Bear

Guest Fred Bear

Oh well sorry we missed you guys. Sorry I did not reply last night. Ended up going to bed. Did you get out there today? There's always next time.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't make it up to The Oaks today either, weather was similar to yesterday with thick fog then low cloud until about 13.30. Got into the air and headed up to Goulburn for some airwork, a bit of playing around with the video camera, some circuits at Goulburn then headed back home. Had to pack up early despite perfect weather this afternoon (CAVOK, nil wind) as my folks are in town and should probably be spending some time with them instead of in the air :).

Disperse - I can thoroughly recommend Command Flight Planner, of all those on the market I found it to be the best all round planner and is good for very basic planning through to IFR.

Cheers,

Matt.

Guest Fred Bear

As long as you enjoyed it Matt. That's the main thing mate. See you next time you are up. We won't be at The Oaks next weekend. Going to Bathurst. Will be the weekend after (weather permitting).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fred Bear

This Saturday looks like a go-er Oaks Flyers!!!! Massive high and impressive charts and satellite pics. See you all there early Saturday.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Fred Bear

This coming weekend is looking good all. Ian, you should be able to get your CT home! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Matt and Kaz, would love to see you both there ;) Anyone else up for it?

Thanks Darren

Looks like Sat will be the go to bring her back - can you do me a favor and check with Dave about me topping up the tanks on Sat.

Guest Fred Bear

Matt, Emma and the kids and I Saturday. Ian Saturday too. Most of the other guys Saturday. Sunday is generally the quieter day. Let me know.

Guest Emma Masters

Great...I'm bringing the Champers - I have promised my husband I will go for a fly with him ;) Im sure after some champers with Marilyn I will enjoy it - It worked for my mother in law last Saturday!!!

Guest Fred Bear

No worries Ross but we expect you there to show off your new toy (when you have her). ;)

Darren, I get in at 0820 on Sat by Qantas

PM me your flight number etc and Emma and the kids and I will pick you up. We will have your stuff onboard too.

Yes Mate - QF 408 and I have to hang around the Oaks for a couple of hours as I will be getting a delivery made to me there - won't say what it is in case anyone else jumps in front of me and takes delivery of it before I do - hehehe

Guest David C

Just spoken to Uncle Fred , and he confirms he will be there with the Sonerai . Looks like another top day ..;)

Dave C

Guest Fred Bear

Good stuff mate! Hopefully this time he flies it! Forecast:

Forecast for Saturday

Mostly fine, just the chance of a brief shower. Sunny periods. Early fog patches in the west. Light winds tending northeasterly.

Precis: Mostly fine.

City: Min: 11 Max: 20

West: Min: 6 Max: 21

Chart is looking good though!

Emma is all ready for her St Marys Scenic! My specialty.

Guest Fred Bear

Hopefully ok for you to get home tomorrow Ian. I don't know what the Bureau is doing lately with their forecasts but I think it's time they lifted their game a little. Perhaps they have the work experience guy looking out the window and creating the forecasts by sight at the last minute...

Forecast for Saturday

The chance of a shower, particularly near the coast during the morning. Sunny periods. Early fog patches in the west. Light winds tending northeasterly.

Precis: Chance shower.

City: Min: 12 Max: 19 Parramatta: Min: 9 Max: 20

Terrey Hills: Min: 11 Max: 18 Penrith: Min: 8 Max: 20

Liverpool: Min: 7 Max: 20 Richmond: Min: 7 Max: 20