The Oaks Flying News

Guest Fred Bear

Well after a few months we finally made it back to The Oaks in the CT4. Better still, we finally got to meet a few more of the forum members including DavidC, Marilyn and Disperse. We also met Darren and Mike (?) who had just kindly handed over the "Come and Get It" trophy to Ian. It was good to catch up with Bruce and all the other regulars and as always the hospitality was overwhelming...there was one notable absentee - where were you Emma?!?!?!

Not much of a trip report for this one, an uneventful trip up and back from Canberra under clearing skies. One thing we all experienced was the soggy state that The Oaks is in...not a bad thing as we need the rain...but it made for some interesting maneuvering on the ground and, if it didn't need it before, the CT4 definitely needs a wash now!

Not too many pics from us today, Kaz was too busy talking to everyone 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif. I've attached a couple, one on finals to 36R and the other is my favourite new find - OziExplorer combined with Google Earth for GPS track overlays.

One of the things I find useful is looking at my circuit tracking, an oval circuit is used in the CT4 (as with nearly all military and higher speed aircraft) and I find reviewing my tracks shows whether I'm flying the numbers, distances, turn rates etc. to get a consistent result...looking at today's track, I think I did OK :).

1946919824_FinalsatTheOaks.thumb.JPG.934d47ee3938ed33c7634b483a0aef49.JPG

TheOaks.thumb.jpg.23204edcd38a87e02e44b51f4aef5c6f.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest David C

Great to meet up with you at last Matt .. Marilyn enjoyed the day too , especially meeting Kaz for the first time . Heres to many more good times ;)...

Dave C

Guest disperse

a top day for me too. first lesson , meeting some more people from here today and a quick trip with Darren ;)....... what can i say. the cheaks are still sore from smilling Thanks everyone

Troy

Guest David C

Good on ya mate !!;).... That's what it's all about ... Enjoyment .. If I can get my flying fix I'm as right as rain , as the saying goes . If not , then I'm a grumpy old thing 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif.... Heres to the start of a happy and long association with our great pastime . Well done Troy ..025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Dave C

Guest Graham Lea

Good military flying I think you meant.

And I know that to fly a Mirage in a rectangular circuit can be a problem at the corners, so rounded ends are great!

Congrats Matt. :-)

Who was that doing laps at the oaks yesterday in a yellow (shudder) aircraft??

Did well, on t/o kicked in lots of right rudder + wing down into the wind etc...

Even did the rad stuff well .. well mostly.. :-)

Lovely flying morning wasn't it??

Zero wind at Hox...

Stopped flying at 1200 and went to the range around the corner..