Be-200 Demo

• 3 weeks later...

@willedoo - someone would think you are pro-rouski!

Cag di la.. and all than (pardon the spelling)..

I have to say, water-borne a/c don't often do ti for me... But I have to say, I quite like that thing...

Once we're out of the EU and the £ = the rouble, I should be able to get one ;-)

ha ha ha ha.. I had a Russian born girlfirend when I was 16 (I obviously haven't drunk enough - I can remember that far back).. And I am sure that is how her family pronounced my rather poor rendition - it was how I pronounced it...and her family (all from St. P'burgh) obviously were very polite...

Mind you, when I tried my Russian in the Czech Republic, I was met with a stony, deafining silence coupled with stern looks..

For correcting me.. Spas yeee bah!

;-)

ha ha ha ha.. I had a Russian born girlfirend when I was 16 (I obviously haven't drunk enough - I can remember that far back).. And I am sure that is how her family pronounced my rather poor rendition - it was how I pronounced it...and her family (all from St. P'burgh) obviously were very polite...

Mind you, when I tried my Russian in the Czech Republic, I was met with a stony, deafining silence coupled with stern looks..

For correcting me.. Spas yeee bah!

;-)

Certainly a lot of different pronunciations. Moscow & Saint Petersburg a bit different from those out in the boonies. Same as with English, I guess. I remember going to Scotland once and thinking I should have brought an interpreter with me. The bus conductor was yelling out "Pert". Took a while to twig that we were coming into Perth.

Could have been Program Evaluation and Review Techniques. One of my roles in the Bank's I.T. Dept was to prepare PERT charts to manage the conversion of systems in COBOL (Burroughs system) into PL/1 (IBM).