You can always go around

kgwilson

I'd like to think I'd do better than some of them there. I've had a few weird weather events over time that frankly I would not like to have to repeat. Better to avoid than successfully pull off with luck. Get out of there is a better option. Never be afraid of going round if it gets out of shape. I had one like the one there that had a plane taxi across the runway just as you come over the fence.. Nev

Yeah .He's good. the Yanks took his licence away around 1990 saying his coordination was not good enough, because of his age and Australia gave him a licence so he could do his routine at Avalon Airshow. in a local Aerocommander . Worth seeing but that's awhile ago now. Nev

that twin at saint marten - just crazy - I was yelling GO AROUND! before he even passed the half way point

on the flightsim I've landed here many times and it's always a great feeling when you get it spot on - actually quite hard to do in a light twin, btw

easy in a Twotter or Porter, after seeing that video I thought I could do better in a twin - took me quite a while to get it done - but I went around when it wasn't going to happen !!!

look at some of the videos on YouTube and see the way some of those Twotter guys fly down the hill on short final - terrific skills...

BP

In those steep descent situations SOME planes would be just dangerous. It's not the fact of being a twin except that most of THEM are low wing and have limited flap effectiveness so can't keep the speed back at the required RoD. Headwinds also follow the land contour up hill and tend to take you up with them so don't help as much as they do normally. Some of those STOL types may be using BETA which would allow very high RoD . Nev