Site News

Admin

Hi to all
I wanted to post to keep you informed on how the site is going. Basically I think the features, the functionality and even the way the site looks is absolutely great and it is exciting for me as I know how much more is coming. Yes, I have tormented you by going back and forth with software solutions and for that I am truly sorry but both solutions have their pros and cons but overall now I can see what we have is the best solution for the future.

There are a lot more FREE resources, Downloads and Tutorials to come, we have free books and manuals to download, great online calculators and tools and comprehensive educational tutorials all FREE for everyone to use. We have weekly competitions running where users can win prizes and soon we will have a weekly Clear Prop special. Also coming soon are Aviation Articles, News, Classifieds, Educational Quizzes, Airfields Directory and much more all helping to make Recreational Flying (.com) an extensive and powerful online resource for all aviators.

What we all need to do now is to get as many more people to come on in and start using the site and that is where I need your help. Not only in letting people know about everything the site has but also to populate 2 very important sections of the site; Groups and Suppliers.

For Groups I would like to get every aviation club and school to have their own presence here on Recreational Flying by them creating their own Group, a mini website itself with heaps of features, where they can promote their club/school to all users of the site, not just registered users but the thousands of visitors that come to the site. I am always available to help them to create their own presence here on Recreational Flying and remember you can create your own group for any special interest as well...perhaps an aircraft type group or an engine type group etc. So please get your Club or School to create a group here.

The other powerful area that needs your help is the Suppliers Section. This new section has a vast range of features to help suppliers promote their products and services in the aviation arena. i would like to see all aircraft manufacturers, distributors, agents etc along with all the different suppliers of everything we aviators need listed in the Suppliers Section to help all Recreational Flying users visiting this great resource...but I need your help to do it. If you know any Aircraft Distributor or Supplier please klet them know they can get a presence here on Recreational Flying and its FREE or to help the site they can get many extra features for a small monthly contribution to the site.

Please help me to help you in making Recreational Flying (.com) the best resource on the internet for every fellow aviator.

• Like 4
  • Winner 1

Please help me to help you in making Recreational Flying (.com) the best resource on the internet for every fellow aviator.

I reckon it already is, Ian. Thank you!, but would like to see you get more reward for the pleasure we have received over so many years as a result of all that you have made available to us. You have put so much into this site that we shouldn't simply take it for granted either. (unfortunately the times we currently live in tend to make some of us a bit complacent on occasions).

Your hard work is certainly appreciated by me, and i'm sure that many others would agree.

I have visited training facilities and chatted to other pilots, and can't believe how many don't subscribe to this site. I always say " that is sad, because you probably don't really know what you are missing out on. How can you deny yourself such pleasure, and available knowledge?"

Just go and check it out.

I'll get down off my soap-box now and leave time for others to vent their feelings, or appreciation.

It must surely be gratifying to see other pilots and aircraft constructors across the world who are contributors.

Kind Rgds

Planey.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

On 09/11/2020 at 1:03 PM, Admin said:

Hi to all
I wanted to post to keep you informed on how the site is going. Basically I think the features, the functionality and even the way the site looks is absolutely great and it is exciting for me as I know how much more is coming. Yes, I have tormented you by going back and forth with software solutions and for that I am truly sorry but both solutions have their pros and cons but overall now I can see what we have is the best solution for the future.

There are a lot more FREE resources, Downloads and Tutorials to come, we have free books and manuals to download, great online calculators and tools and comprehensive educational tutorials all FREE for everyone to use. We have weekly competitions running where users can win prizes and soon we will have a weekly Clear Prop special. Also coming soon are Aviation Articles, News, Classifieds, Educational Quizzes, Airfields Directory and much more all helping to make Recreational Flying (.com) an extensive and powerful online resource for all aviators.

What we all need to do now is to get as many more people to come on in and start using the site and that is where I need your help. Not only in letting people know about everything the site has but also to populate 2 very important sections of the site; Groups and Suppliers.

For Groups I would like to get every aviation club and school to have their own presence here on Recreational Flying by them creating their own Group, a mini website itself with heaps of features, where they can promote their club/school to all users of the site, not just registered users but the thousands of visitors that come to the site. I am always available to help them to create their own presence here on Recreational Flying and remember you can create your own group for any special interest as well...perhaps an aircraft type group or an engine type group etc. So please get your Club or School to create a group here.

The other powerful area that needs your help is the Suppliers Section. This new section has a vast range of features to help suppliers promote their products and services in the aviation arena. i would like to see all aircraft manufacturers, distributors, agents etc along with all the different suppliers of everything we aviators need listed in the Suppliers Section to help all Recreational Flying users visiting this great resource...but I need your help to do it. If you know any Aircraft Distributor or Supplier please klet them know they can get a presence here on Recreational Flying and its FREE or to help the site they can get many extra features for a small monthly contribution to the site.

Where is the classified section Ian ??

Ian, this isn’t the first time I’ve mentioned this but what has been achieved by having this site is truly incredible. 
I learn something EVERYTIME I go here! Just from reading a variety of posts I can tell others get as much from it as I do. 
my most recent post has had so much advice freely given. Sounds stupid, but it honestly brought tears to my eyes.

one member has even gone to check out an aircraft ive been stupid enough to put money on sight unseen. I know I’m ranting on a bit but this site and the members who make it work are THE BEST. 
Obviously, I do tell everyone😀

• Winner 1