WW1 Flight Simulator.

For those among'st us that like flight simulators, be grateful of the progress that has been made in recent years.

After all, you could be trying to learn how to fly on learn on one of these.

278093884_WW1flightsimulator..jpg.5b5d43045c11cde7b30005c389e9c4aa.jpg

Edited by planedriver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, planedriver said:

For those among'st us that like flight simulators, be grateful of the progress that has been made in recent years.

I like it!

You can actually see the effects of your inputs.

Those of us who learned to drive on open-wheel tractors quickly realised you have to straighten up the front wheels after turning.

My grandies, learning in my car, took ages to master that simple concept.

• Like 1

I like the idea. One has to remember that in WW1 aviation was in its infancy, most people of that era had little experience of anything mechanical that was powered by an IC engine, so training had to be "see and do", or "watch and do".

I think it's a good aid portraying the effect of moving each control. The almost mandatory MODEL with moveable controls ALL instructors should use is a similar aim thing. Of course it's a far cry from a systems procedures related "Cardboard Trainer " or a moving  all visual simulator that you can step into the real plane and fly it Product we now have available at a considerable cost to purchase and run but considered essential for Most/ ALL Commercial and Service training on advanced types..You can simulate procedures to learn where it would be far to risky to do it in the real thing. You can also feed in Data relating to crashes and  re run the sequence  and see if it can be managed by other pilots  etc .Nev

• Informative 1

4 hours ago, planedriver said:

Superb boots. 

• Haha 1