Flying for Fun

I think that the Aeronca C 3 is such a cute little plane. It reminds me of Bertie, the Aeroplane Jelly plane

http://media1.aso.gov.au/titles/ajbertae/ajbertae1_.jpg

Here's some more video of G-AEFT flying around Cornwall.

• 4 weeks later...

Flying for fun....well I’ve been lucky enough to fly for a crust most of my life. I now teach ground school to military pilots. So, missing active flying, I went along to a great little club and flying community at  Yarram airfield Vic. Went along for a few flights and lo and behold, after doing it for a living, I re-discovered flying for fun and it was just that...great fun! So much so, that I found all that old schoolboy enthusiasm came back, you know when as a nuts about planes kid, you would have sold your soul for 20 minutes in a C150? Your room was filled with Airfix models? So now I have bought a Skyfox Gazelle and am enjoying myself immensely! RAAus is great for those who want to fly with less restrictions and I mean that in the best sense, not by any means with less safety. One of the great advantages is being able to get an L1 and maintain your aircraft largely yourself. To me, spending a Saturday on maintenance spit and polishing, is about as much fun as the flying.

E8641B6C-70A4-40C5-B00C-308BF9DCD306.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Agree 1

Flew in a Eurofox, very similar, dare say a Kitfox will be the same. Jab 160, nice but interesting as with two up, personally, I think it runs out of elevator authority holding off for landing. Leaving a trickle of power on, makes all the difference. Although a taildragger, I think the easiest aircraft I've flown and one of the most sweet handling, is a DH Chipmunk. The brake system is ingenious, with that ratchet system on the brake lever. Lovely machine.

Edited by F10

On 07/04/2021 at 9:39 PM, old man emu said:

I think that the Aeronca C 3 is such a cute little plane. It reminds me of Bertie, the Aeroplane Jelly plane

http://media1.aso.gov.au/titles/ajbertae/ajbertae1_.jpg

Here's some more video of G-AEFT flying around Cornwall.

The sound of that JAP engine is awesome! I bet that cockpit had that unique Morris Minor type  smell, the smell of warm oil, leather and a hint of fuel! Great stuff!

Flatspot what BS.  Fix the carburettor It's as rich as can be without stopping just off idle. It would not have electric start, so is more dangerous. This is not a NORMAL condition.   Nev