Topaz Ekolot Sport

The review of this aircraft in the latest Sport Pilot is interesting, the plane sounds great. Am I right in thinking that a 17:1 glide ratio will make it quite sensitive to turbulence due low wing loading?

7 hours ago, pmccarthy said:

The review of this aircraft in the latest Sport Pilot is interesting, the plane sounds great. Am I right in thinking that a 17:1 glide ratio will make it quite sensitive to turbulence due low wing loading?

Very nicely presented, looks to have a good fit & finish but what I cant understand is why its low/high speed performance is so underwhelming.

36 minutes ago, cscotthendry said:

I looked at buying one of these a few years ago. I went to the dealer and flew one. Unless they have improved the quality, my only comment would be “They look good in the pictures ...”.

We had one passing through our airport and stopped for weather.  Looked good from a distance but up close the paint was shiny but the rest was a little rough imo and that of others. 

Ended up full of water due leaks around doors, there were no drain holes in the fuselage.  The pilot was flying the AC to a new home and he wouldn't or couldn't say too many nice things about it especially cruise speed. 

• Informative 2