Prince William receives his WINGS!! WTF

Guest dracer

Guest dracer

Yer if it was only that easy for us commoners!

bloody royals!

why was i born a farmers son, not an actors or royal familys!032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif032_juggle.gif.7743c94b4332eec092be85721c5af1a0.gif

Guest David C
I would hate to be a royal ...... To drive in a Machbec and not know how good it was.

But you do get to fly a Tucano , and do you know how good that feels !!:big_grin:

Dave C

what i want to know is why he was always sitting in the right seat in all the footage of him learning...i mean, was he just a passenger??

Not sure wht its like to get accepted in the uk airforce as a pilot but i know in aus ya hafta be a pretty smart cookie, top percentile in math's physics and english, a perfect physical specimen, and then ya get tested for competance, and then mabye you'll get a look in....

I saw a picture of him at the passing out parade wearing pilot wings and a medal.

What was the medal for turnning up? my father has a few of them but he had to get to shot at to get them.

Paul

what i want to know is why he was always sitting in the right seat in all the footage of him learning...i mean, was he just a passenger??....

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't choppers flown from the right seat? 091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

but whay cant he fly operationally? so he only got to GFPT level then...

The reason he cant fly operationally is that he is the king in waiting (for the old duck to fall off the perch).102_wasnt_me.gif.b4992218d6a9d117d3ea68a818d37d57.gif

If he was to fly operationally, some other fighter pilot would try to put a royal bullet up the royal clacker:rotary:....couldn't have that now could we....006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

Regards

Phil

At the risk of standing up for someone I don't know, I'm guessing there probably aren't too many of us on this forum who know Prince William either.

I don't know what his academic qualifications are, nor his physical ability, nor his flying training and qualifications. Maybe he has acheived through circumstances and hard work more than I could imagine or wish for. I do think we could cut the guy some slack though. It's a little bit like another post on this forum where we talked about being critical of those who are in positions of appropriate public leadership. Whatever we might think, I doubt we'll ever know what it's like to be under such intense scrutiny by anyone who thinks they've got a right to sneer or be critical.

Regards, Mathew

Gotta love the news this morning - the prince has borrowed a chopper and landed in his girlfriend's parents back paddock. Apparantly he has also picked up his brother in london for a bucks night...

Its all about having strippers as your inflight entertainment...