Weight & Balance and Fixed trim

9 minutes ago, planesmaker said:

Does this mean I passed the test?😀😀😀😀

My dude, you answered EXACTLY correctly. When I read your answer, I thought you had made a mistake and you mentioned “tailplane” when you meant, or should have said “elevator”. You were right and I was wrong. 

You were also correct when you said to increase the AOA because that would have lowered the nose.

The sad thing about these questions in the past, and now, is that they had the potential to be fun. It would have been so good if the response was “Correct, you ask the next one!” It would be like naming the aeroplane. Just a congrats and someone goes next. 

24 minutes ago, IBob said:

Yes, you did splendidly!

Though several others here are a bit hot and cross...which invariably seems to be part of these little brain teasers too.........(

I admit it, I am annoyed. The problem is not the brain teasers. The problem is that a) people should be given credit for a good answer and b) not criticised for their answers. A question gets asked, people put their thinking caps on, and PUT IN TIME AND EFFORT TO PLAY THE GAME, and then get trolled.

It’s like, if you were a kid playing I spy and the person never admitted when the item got guessed correctly. Way to ruin a fun game. 

Edited by APenNameAndThatA

1 hour ago, planesmaker said:

Does this mean I passed the test?😀😀😀😀

With flying colours.🛩️

I was just trying to mitigate some CV19 lock down frustrations with a bit of light/technical debate. I hope I have been partially successful.

Edited by skippydiesel

I had the exact same thing in a model, l designed,

I installed the' tailplane ' upside-down.

Worked great on low revs, but as soon as l opened the throttle  it took off for the clouds.

The ' tailplane ' had a pronounced lift, & l put it on with a negative lift.

After reading the " wrong " book on aircraft design.

Thanks for reminding me of ,  when it ' looped the loop ' and hit the ground vertically. 

PS lt was my first ' single surface ' .type main wing, & should have had a flat tailplane.

spacesailor

• Like 1
  • Informative 1