Flying Season - Trundle?

extralite

Pulled 3 thrusters out of the shed this week and washed the layers of dust off and had a few flies. Keen to do a trip somewhere. The "Sydney Social Flying Group" has a fly-in to Trundle on the 13 May. Weather permitting might head out there to make the Cirrus and Cessna drivers envious. Anyone else in Western NSW up for some flying while the weather is so nice.

Pictured one of the old girls after a bit of fire spotting during  a burn off.

thtusterfirespotting.jpg

• Like 4
  • Winner 3

I have heard of it, but didn;t find anything on Google...what is the Arthur Butler Trophy.

100nm equals about 2 hrs in a thuster. Doable on a tank just i think. 

I first flew one in 1990, just got back into them. Speaking of dust devils. A local farmer says he used to be part of a mustering team in central QLD using Thrusters and would fly until it was about 38 degrees, down low of course. So dusty they used to wear our the control bushes pretty fast. Not something I would feel that comfortable doing..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, propfarmer said:

I saw the Fly In to Trundle on the 13th. With the recent rain I think I will be planting crop. Would love to get there if I wasn't busy.

Hello David, we flew over your place on Thursday @7500, the Nyngan Tottenham area was looking very dry so glad you got some rain. Think I saw you dry sowing NE of your house. 50mm for the weekend down here in God's country. How is your Thruster going, will have to catch up after sowing.

• Like 1