Fuel Tank Sealing

Silver solder blind nuts to the bottom plate and just use a gasket or suitable "O" ring. Any silastic etc you use is likely to cause a problem. It's no different to the fuel Gauge  float type arrangement that goes in car fuel tanks.. Tank sealant is usually where the tank has rivets somewhere, like the Mooney's wet wing I mentioned. You need good access to the insides to apply the right stuff to them.  Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Blueadventures said:

The one you referrence in your comment yesterday.  Also called "Aviation Soft Seal No3".  Meaning non-hardening compared to No 2.

Does this mean that, in your opinion, all of the other sealers mentioned,  will work?

1 hour ago, cherk said:

I Ian,

Yes its great stuff, reminiscent (same smell and tackiness??) as most of the pre silicon sealants. I  have had the same tube of STAG in my plumbing tool box for possibly 8- 10 years - used sparingly works a treat. You think it would work around the studs on a flange mounting, as depicted previously??

4 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

I Ian,

Yes its great stuff, reminiscent (same smell and tackiness??) as most of the pre silicon sealants. I  have had the same tube of STAG in my plumbing tool box for possibly 8- 10 years - used sparingly works a treat. You think it would work around the studs on a flange mounting, as depicted previously??

Yeah , I have tubes in various stages of use for donkies !  I use it on all tube/hose fittings including fuel sender to tank seals , and mine are side mounted......no leaky...nicee.

If I get a chance i'll see if I can get a pic under the dash of one installation.

• Winner 1

just a quick (remote_ under dash ) pic of a sender in the horizontal wall of a 60 L header .sensorseal.jpg.8a1bd8b2c3325d3d2824e5079fd613b5.jpg

screws pre smeared before insertion !

Edited by cherk
update info