Odd aircraft depicted on TV documentary

red750

I was watching a TV story on Japan Air Lines Cargo Flight 1628 sighting of an unidentified flying object on November 17, 1986 by a Japanese Boeing 747-200F cargo aircraft flying from Paris to Narita International Airport, near Tokyo. During the flight over the Alaska triangle, Captain Kenji Terauchi reported seeing three objects he described as "two small ships and the mother ship". The incident is covered in Wikipedia.

The show depicted a 747 fuselage and wings, with four engines, mounted one pair per wing, similar the the engine arrangement on a B-52. I am unable to locate any information or photo of such an aircraft.

B-52 engine pair.jpg

1 hour ago, red750 said:

I was watching a TV story on Japan Air Lines Cargo Flight 1628 sighting of an unidentified flying object on November 17, 1986 by a Japanese Boeing 747-200F cargo aircraft flying from Paris to Narita International Airport, near Tokyo. During the flight over the Alaska triangle, Captain Kenji Terauchi reported seeing three objects he described as "two small ships and the mother ship". The incident is covered in Wikipedia.

The show depicted a 747 fuselage and wings, with four engines, mounted one pair per wing, similar the the engine arrangement on a B-52. I am unable to locate any information or photo of such an aircraft.

B-52 engine pair.jpg

That does not look right

5 hours ago, onetrack said:

Looks a whole lot like a set of B-52 engines and wing, to my way of thinking - but what would I know?

https://www.collinsaerospace.com/news/stories/2021/07/extending-the-power-of-a-legend

I mean the shape of the rh intake looks wrong. Shouldn't it be round like the LH side.  I just looked up a b52 pic and I see now. It's just the angle of that photo.  Sorry.

Edited by BrendAn
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, onetrack said:

Looks a whole lot like a set of B-52 engines and wing

That's what I said. The photo in my post was of a B-52. 

• Like 1